do most people remove their exhaust resonator?

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I still haven't decided on what mufflers to get, but when most of you get mufflers put on do you guys just scrap the resonator? What exactly does the resonator do for our cars anyway? Is is just for sound reduction? I'm sure without it would proably flow better. I'm thinking about taking a fellow members advice and just having to try out different mufflers to see which ones i like the best on there, but wanted to know if i should take the resonator off and replace it with extra pipe bceause it's only $30 extra at the place i'm going to. What do you guys think?

thanks,
scott

sho89mtx said:
I still haven't decided on what mufflers to get, but when most of you get mufflers put on do you guys just scrap the resonator? What exactly does the resonator do for our cars anyway? Is is just for sound reduction? I'm sure without it would proably flow better. I'm thinking about taking a fellow members advice and just having to try out different mufflers to see which ones i like the best on there, but wanted to know if i should take the resonator off and replace it with extra pipe bceause it's only $30 extra at the place i'm going to. What do you guys think?

thanks,
scott
wow, no response? Is it top secret or something?hhahahhaha. Has anyone heard our cars stock with just the resonator removed? I wonder how that woudl sound?

Its not worth just doing that, there is no real gains, just do the whole system and be done with it and done right too.

Like he said. And get yourself a pair of these from Geno (ONEBADMK8) and have your local guy install them. Geno's got them on sale right now.
newmuffs8.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back