Dirty Rims.

03UltimateNavi

LVC Member
Reaction score
I know its not just mine and im guessing it was an 03 problem. (you may have a forum about this already but im new so forgive me) Does anyone have excessive brakedust that causes the front rims to turn black? before i changed my brake pads i would have to clean my rims daily. i read there was a tsb about that problem, which leads to my next question, does anyone have factory rims they are trying to sell. im not sure how many spokes they are but they came on the ultimate navi's.

hey you from richmond in bc or states?

anyways, i have some what of the same problem on my 04, the black dust doesnt wanna come off, but i guess i havnt really tried a chemical cleaner, usually just hot water and towel, dont get time to sit there and clean.

whats a good cleaner i could grab from say canadian tire to rid of this. i remember when we got the truck, the rims were sooooo sexy, i loved the stock rims, even now when u look from a distance it looks way better then say.....escalades lol. but up close the dirt sucks.

from richmond va in the states. yeah i love the way the stock rims lookED when they were chrome but i havent seen that since i bought the truck and now the chrome is chipping away. i didnt try anything major just hot water and the mothers powerbrush but that didnt do anything i also used the off the shelf wheel cleaners but it didnt do much either.

Mequire's Hot Rims has worked for me on all kinds of cars, including my mom in laws Mercedes - they are terrible when it comes to brake dust. Pinkl bottle at most autostores $3-$5 US Dont know about a TSB. You cna use a brake dust shield - Griots Garage used to carry them for the Navi.

If your cars are still under warranty you can show the dealer that they are chipping, pitted and stained from the brake dust and either have them clean them or replace them.

Dealers have a special chemical type cleaner that can break down the dust very well...Hope this works out!

they wouldnt do anything about it when it was under warranty. i have 60k on it now so they wont do anything for me.

Maybe try the citrus cleaner that is out I am not positive on the name, but it does say cirtus cleaner on it and it is in the automotive department of most stores. It is the strongest stuff I have ever been abls to find. Make sure it is okay to use on chrome though!

next time you do brake pads try ceramic pads the dont leave nearly as much dust and as stated the Maquires works very well also a product called never dull (sold in hardware stores) is fantastic on all chrome-but it is not a spray on/rinse off product

i did end up changing my pads to ceramic and i get hardly any brake dust now. the problem is my rims are already stained black.

03UltimateNavi said:
i did end up changing my pads to ceramic and i get hardly any brake dust now. the problem is my rims are already stained black.

Put some new wheels on her and ditch the stockers. :D

Members online

Back