Diablo chip?

Blckcobra

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently bought a 96 base and found out it had a chip plugged into the back of the computer, there isn't any markings on it but it is red. The reason I think it is a diablo is because its red and there was a diablo sticker in the console.

Anyone have any idea what it is? If it is a diablo what did they do special?

I have a 97 LSC as a Daily driver and was thinking about putting it in.

You probably can't put it in the 97; they are set up to work with the program code on the ECU. Chances are that your 96 has a different code than your 97.

not quite. but the computer has to be programmed the same to work. being different year cars, they are probably different programs.

I have a backup '96 PCM, because it's a one-year-only part, out of production...i.e a gen2 computer will not work in a '96

so my ASS-UMP-TION is that a 96 PCM will not work in a gen 2...someone may correct me on that
...also keep in mind the working 96 brain may be a valuable little piece of plastic,metal and carbon to someone in dire staits

I have a diablo chip from my old 97... The cache code is RKK3 or something like that lol. If intetested i will dig it out and verify. Its brand new in the box and has never been installed on a vehicle, let me know. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back