Dealerships to avoid!

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Let's make a thread on known dealerships that suck!

First, one on the list is Capital Ford in Wilmington, NC. Their customer service is complete junk and pretty much non-existent. Also, their parts dept is almost the same way as buying a car! Haggle that price and never pay sticker! Wanted $270 for a heater valve and they sold it to me after complaining for about $140.

Had my wife's car there for checking to see if she qualified for the free catalytic converter replacement program that Ford had to do on the 2013 Lincoln MKZ to wiggle themselves out of a recall. The service avisor was rude as crap to me from the start. I disagreed with their price of $165 per code to diagnose as any reasonable human being should, and I did agree to that rate for the cat check but nothing else and the idiot said come pick your car up we are not helping you, and hung up on me. Had to call back and speak with the manager to get back on the books for that day. The manager was reasonable about my complaint and assured me that the guy that was rude to me would never work on my car again as an advisor.

Well, they ended up taking 2 days to say yes, they would fix the issue as part of their extended replacement program and our car sat there for 2 days. They told me that they ordered the parts and said our car was safe to drive in the meantime (kinda crazy considering the issue with melted cats). Flash forward a few weeks and I have not gotten a call... Their parts dept calls me on another order I had for my other car and I decided to ask them to check on the cat order and they come back and tell me they had been in for a while. I had to call back the dealer and set an appointment up. The experience I had was so horrible the first time overall that I demanded the other clown not be involved on this repair and they instead gave me a Ford service advisor this time around (so they said) so I would not deal with the other guy.

Well, the day comes and our car is there and they told us about half a day to replace the parts. We then checked our car into the dealer the night before to ensure it would get worked on first thing... Never got any communication the whole day from them on the status of our car. Never even sent the usual text messages either. I had to call the dealer 4 times that day and leave messages and they did not get returned until the very end of the day. They then tell me they ran out of time and our car will be ready before lunch the following day. I addressed my concerns with the service manager and he assured me tomorrow will be different and that they will get us taken care of and communicate better.

The next morning rolls around and I get no messages or anything yet again. By lunchtime, I have called them to find out what is going on and no one there could tell me a thing about what was going on. I left voicemails for their service manager to call me and they went unanswered until about 4 pm... I then called back and asked for the service managers, manager, and then got assisted right away and got an answer that our car was now ready. Then while we are on the way the service manager calls to tell us that our car is now ready....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back