dealership came through again...

LS Gets U Wet

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well as you may know the car overheated the other day and gave me a screen saying 'reduce in engine power'. the dealership said it blew the thermostat and the entire radiator! so the lincoln will have all new parts again from ford!!! unfortunetly the battery is also bad, why doesnt the warranty cover the battery? my 100.000 10year warranty has already saved me thousands of dollars, all i can say is take a warranty anytime you can...i only have 20k left on my warranty but hell everything is new by now :Beer

Just got an extended warranty on my LS today(5 yrs. 75K [I don't put alot of miles on a year]). I'm just about broke for now but it was worth the 20% they needed down. Hopefully my z24 sells quickly so I can get some extra cash back in my account.

wow... that is good news to hear, if you did not have your warranty they would of hit you up good.

you defintly dont want to own a high line car with no warranty. Get those extended coverages! lol :)

Jay

LS Gets U Wet said:
well as you may know the car overheated the other day and gave me a screen saying 'reduce in engine power'. the dealership said it blew the thermostat and the entire radiator! so the lincoln will have all new parts again from ford!!! unfortunetly the battery is also bad, why doesnt the warranty cover the battery? my 100.000 10year warranty has already saved me thousands of dollars, all i can say is take a warranty anytime you can...i only have 20k left on my warranty but hell everything is new by now :Beer
I would assume the reason your battery is not covered under warranty is because it is out of its original factory warranty. Battery warranties are from the distributor of the battery itself. In your case, it sounds as though your battery was still from when the car was purchased new (in other words, the factory). If it was, it won't be covered under warranty for the aforementioned reasons above. If the battery is aftermarket or has been replaced within a specified period of time, you might have luck getting the issuer of the battery to pick up the tab. Just remember, not everything is covered under warranty..........make sure to read exactly what your warranty covers and what it does not cover.

For example, I had a warranty on my car and took it in to get the ball joints done. Well, the dealership wasn't going to approve the warranty (or the warranty agency) because it was part of the steering knuckle assembly. which was not covered Needless to say, the warranty stated ball joints were covered and after some heated debate, it was covered.

Members online

No members online now.
Back