Current auction prices?

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have used car dealer connections, what are the wholesale (auction) prices for 2002-03 30K mileage cars currently? I'm thinking that in light of this big Ford discount, knowing the wholesale price would help me greatly in bargaining. We have a friend who can help us attend the dealer auction in Manheim, PA, but it's about 3 hours away, and a bit inconvenient, so I'd like to know beforehand if possible. I was told $16-19K for 2002 models, but that seems a bit high?

Also, can anyone recall any dealerships that have had really cheap LS prices that I can use as bargaining chips?

Don't think I'll be getting that Volvo now. :)

Thanks a bunch!

I think you are about to find out that all our fairly late model stuff is going to take a huge dump in value. With these new Employee prices, it will be too easy to put someone in a new car.

captainalias said:
For those of you who have used car dealer connections, what are the wholesale (auction) prices for 2002-03 30K mileage cars currently? I'm thinking that in light of this big Ford discount, knowing the wholesale price would help me greatly in bargaining. We have a friend who can help us attend the dealer auction in Manheim, PA, but it's about 3 hours away, and a bit inconvenient, so I'd like to know beforehand if possible. I was told $16-19K for 2002 models, but that seems a bit high?

Also, can anyone recall any dealerships that have had really cheap LS prices that I can use as bargaining chips?

Don't think I'll be getting that Volvo now. :)

Thanks a bunch!

I bought my 02 V8 with 15K from a dealer auction, not a public one for $14K up here in Chicago. The V6's were going for $11-12K Which Volvo did you want? I bought my wife the S60 T5, blows the LS out of the water with acceleration. There is a big after market for the Volvo because of the turbo. I upgraded the computer on the car for $800 and now it has 320HP with 350Lb of torque, but still looks like a space ship. The wife loves the 10 airbags for her and my daughter.

Members online

Back