CTS Questions

mlegal617

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new CTS and was just wondering how they handled in the snow? Also are there any suggestions for options that really help make the car a better ride?

The CTS is rear wheel drive, but it does have a snow mode transmission setting available, which I believe enables 2nd gear starts to avoid wheelspin.

We get limited snow here in Texas, seldom more than a day or two a year. On our one day of snow last year I had no problems getting around in my CTS.

bwnunnally said:
The CTS is rear wheel drive, but it does have a snow mode transmission setting available, which I believe enables 2nd gear starts to avoid wheelspin.

We get limited snow here in Texas, seldom more than a day or two a year. On our one day of snow last year I had no problems getting around in my CTS.

I went through a Chicago winter in mine and was fine. I rarely even used the snow mode. Traction control was more than up to the task even when I hit a patch of black ice on I-65 doing 70mph... scared the crap outta me, but car stayed in control the best it could and brought it to a stop without going into the ditch or median.

Members online

Back