crank sensor

big john

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a hard start problem when car is warmed up. no problem when cold. installed new injectors, no vacuum leaks. would crank sensor cause this problem.

Hi and Welcome to LVC.

That would definitely be a cause to look for. Additionally I would recommend you look at the fuel pump and fuel pump module, along with checking fuses.

See what these little investigations lead you too. Keep us posted.
If you post in the section on what model car you have others will chime in to help.

-Svets

everything checks out, what i failed to mention is the car has 220,000 miles on it. should the pumps just be replaced due to age? maybe a maf sensor and fuel pressure sensor? thanks for your help. am retired mechanic but this is my 1st ls, an 02 base v8.

You can do that, might want to do the least expensive cost first. At 220K it is probably due for a fuel pump. Has the car had a new pump installed in it recently or through vehicle history? I'd look at that first. You can view this Youtube video for a good way on how to clean MAF sesnor:

I'd measure the fuel pressure before going through the pain and expense of changing out the main fuel pump. Note that fuel pumps on returnless systems tend to last a lot longer than the ones on the older return type systems, because they pump a lot less fuel over their lives.

Members online

No members online now.
Back