Cracks in leather seats. Need Help 97 Mark

megaforcer

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
In my recently acquired Mark 8, both front seats have cracks. No holes, but the previous owner didn’t take care of the leather so it’s cracking. I located a kit online to fix that. I just need your opinions on that before I waste $50. Click Here to check out the links. Thanks for your help in advance.

megaforcer said:
Hi all,
In my recently acquired Mark 8, both front seats have cracks. No holes, but the previous owner didn’t take care of the leather so it’s cracking. I located a kit online to fix that. I just need your opinions on that before I waste $50. Click Here to check out the links. Thanks for your help in advance.

Damn if that stuff works I want some!!! I would guess the hardest part is getting the color to match.

I work at a car dealer and we have professionals come in and do that. They usually charge about $100.00 to do it. I would recommend you try to find one of these people to do it. I have seen what it looks like after someone attemps it. You really need to get a feeling for this just like painting. It looks really bad if you do not know what you are doing. Good luck on what ever you decide.

Well if you guys look closely that website has the interior trim colors for all the cars on the market. So the only thing you need to do is to know your exact interior trim color, but I guess I see the point cobra8 is trying to make, if the seats have been sitting on the sun for a while the color might fade and then when u try to fill the cracks it might look funny. I am gonna ask the dealer and see what they have to say about it. Thanks guys.

megaforcer said:
Hi all,

I just placed an order w/ magicmender, I didn't buy the whole kit, I just bought the Color Flex, seeing that the dye in a few places has been worn away by my Golden, I'll let you know how it turns out, I was able to get the exact dye ( Ebony ) that the leather is dyed to.

Hey Cubster, that will be great. Let me know how it turns out. I would hate to see my seats with cracks; this is such a nice car.

megaforcer said:
Hey Cubster, that will be great. Let me know how it turns out. I would hate to see my seats with cracks; this is such a nice car.

Will do, the Color Flex was only 20 bucks, its worth a try !

Members online

No members online now.
Back