Couple Navigator questions

Nav2005

LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, right from the top. Is there anyway to use the Navigation system while the car is moving, like a bypass or something? Also, my 03 BMW had what they called tvonnav, is there anything like that for the Navigators Navigation system? Basically puts a tv function on the navigations system. Also, are there any other Navigator forums?

Thanks guys

Nav2005 said:
Alright, right from the top. Is there anyway to use the Navigation system while the car is moving, like a bypass or something? Also, my 03 BMW had what they called tvonnav, is there anything like that for the Navigators Navigation system? Basically puts a tv function on the navigations system. Also, are there any other Navigator forums?

Thanks guys

Nav2005 - Can't help you on the Nav sys question, but this is the only active Navigator forum that I have found & there are not many gator's on this one!

Nav2005 said:

Thanks guys

No to the first question. I have not seen anything like that. If it could be done somehow it would be very complicated due to the fact that the speed sensor would have to be deactivated. Once that is done, you would have problems with nav system.

As for turning the screen into a video display, yes. There is a company that has a kit for about $750. You could possibly do a search on fordtruckworld.com or f150online.com. You can then set up a rear camera to activate when in reverse. Much like the lexus and others.

Grey Navi said:
No to the first question. I have not seen anything like that. If it could be done somehow it would be very complicated due to the fact that the speed sensor would have to be deactivated. Once that is done, you would have problems with nav system.

As for turning the screen into a video display, yes. There is a company that has a kit for about $750. You could possibly do a search on fordtruckworld.com or f150online.com. You can then set up a rear camera to activate when in reverse. Much like the lexus and others.

I am searching on these forums, but can't find anything. Do you remember the maker of the product?

Alright, I found it. the website is www.nav-tv.com , they make a unit for the 03 and up navigator. Here is an example pic.

477586.jpg

Members online

Back