Couldn't help but notice this wasn't mentioned today!

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Bush clear leader in poll
By Susan Page, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — President Bush has surged to a 13-point lead over Sen. John Kerry among likely voters, a new Gallup Poll shows. The 55%-42% match-up is the first statistically significant edge either candidate has held this year. (Related item: Poll results)
clear.gif
bush-poll-inside.jpg
clear.gif
The boost President Bush received from the Republican convention has increased.
clear.gif
By Jim Mone, AP
Among registered voters, Bush is ahead 52%-44%.

The boost Bush received from the Republican convention has increased rather than dissipated, reshaping a race that for months has been nearly tied. Kerry is facing warnings from Democrats that his campaign is seriously off-track.

With 46 days until the election, analysts say the proposed presidential debates offer Kerry his best chance to change the race.

"It doesn't look like the new consultants and strategies of attacks are the right ones" for Kerry, says Matthew Dowd, chief strategist for the Bush campaign. Kerry in recent weeks added veterans of the Clinton White House to his team and began criticizing Bush more sharply on Iraq and other issues.

Dowd says Kerry at this point would "have to defy history" to defeat a sitting president.

"We have seen some bouncing around in the numbers," says Mike McCurry, a top Kerry adviser, "but it is our sense that the race is moving back to a much closer race."

A Pew Research Center poll released Thursday shows a tighter contest. The survey, taken Saturday through Tuesday, gives Bush a statistically insignificant lead of 47%-46% among likely voters.

The Gallup Poll was taken Monday through Wednesday.

Presidential candidates have won after trailing by similar margins. One was George W. Bush himself. In 2000, he was behind Al Gore by 10 points among registered voters in early October and then prevailed in the Electoral College, though he lost the popular vote.

In 1980, Ronald Reagan was down 8 points in the Gallup Poll in late October but won in a landslide after doing well in the only debate held with President Carter.

"Sen. Kerry is like Seabiscuit: He runs better from behind," says Donna Brazile, who was Gore's campaign manager. But she acknowledges that "backbenchers" in the Democratic Party "have begun pushing the panic button."

http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=USATODAY.com+-+Bush+clear+leader+in+poll&expire=&urlID=11666886&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fnews%2Fpoliticselections%2Fnation%2Fpresident%2F2004-09-17-gallup-poll_x.htm%3FPOE%3DNEWISVA&partnerID=1660

And New York sucks too...

NYC unemployment drops to lowest since Sept. '01

New York City's unemployment rate dropped to a seasonally adjusted 6.7% in August, its lowest rate since September 2001, according to the state Department of Labor.

mdf675610.jpg

Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) laughs as he is mistakenly introduced as 'John Kennedy' at a campaign stop at Anoka Technical College in Anoka, Minnesota, August 26, 2004. (Brian Snyder/Reuters)

WASHINGTON – The GOP convention gave President Bush a double-digit lead, but the race has settled into a virtual tie, with voters still worried about the economy and Iraq, according to polling by the Pew Research Center.

The first of two national polls by Pew, done Sept. 8-10, reflected the president's post-convention bounce. Bush was ahead of Democrat John Kerry 52-40 among registered voters and by an even wider margin, 54-39, among likely voters, a narrower group.

PEW is right PEEEYOOOUUU!

MonsterMark said:
NYC unemployment drops to lowest since Sept. '01

New York City's unemployment rate dropped to a seasonally adjusted 6.7% in August, its lowest rate since September 2001, according to the state Department of Labor.
So in other words, unemployment in NY is the lowest since BUSH took office, but not lower then when Clinton left office?

ROFL -- I bet you thought this was good news for GW!

The saddest political ad I have ever seen in my lifetime. It is a total disgrace to the American people and should be thoroughly denounced by both the DNC and the Kerry campaign.

moveon.jpg

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU SEP 16, 2004 14:15:21 ET XXXXX

NEW MOVEON.ORG AD SHOWS DEFEATED U.S. SOLDIER

NARRATOR: "George Bush misled us into war with Iraq, sending poorly equipped soldiers into battle. He said 'Mission Accomplished,' yet almost every day more soldiers die."

CHYRON: "Over 1,000 U.S. Soldiers Killed"

NARRATOR: "Going it alone, George Bush has spent $150 billion dollars, money we need for schools and health care."

CHYRON: "$150 Billion"

NARRATOR: "Now, facing a growing insurgency, he has no real plan to end the war. George Bush got us into this quagmire. It will take a new president to get us out. MoveOn PAC is responsible for the content of this advertisement."

CHYRON: "Quagmire;" MoveOn PAC Disclaimer

Joeychgo said:
So in other words, unemployment in NY is the lowest since BUSH took office, but not lower then when Clinton left office?

ROFL -- I bet you thought this was good news for GW!
Half the city was blown up. Or doesn't that matter. Or the fact that 20% of the companies located in Manhattan wanted to relocate outside of New York City after 9/11!!!

Monstermark, I appreciate you giving us material for both sides. I know your bias is GW but I appreciate your neutral info.

I think GW will win unless Kerry has a huge lead. I think he will ahve a mysterious influence in the electoral college. LOL

Pepsi2185 said:
I think GW will win unless Kerry has a huge lead. I think he will ahve a mysterious influence in the electoral college. LOL

If it comes down to FLA and Gw's Brother again -- IM crying FOUL!

If florida screws up again, were are gonna ahve an old fashioned uprising on our hands.

By the way, im sick of the smear campains on both sides. The saddest part is, there would be no smear campaign if that is not what we would feed into. We make the media by what interests us.

Pepsi2185 said:
Monstermark, I appreciate you giving us material for both sides. I know your bias is GW but I appreciate your neutral info.

Thanks Pepsi. Did I ever mention I like Coke. J/K.

I can't tell you how political i have become since I started becoming addicted to the internet and actually seeing all the b.s. that is out there. I am so happy that the CBS thing has come to light. This has been going on for decades but fortunately, with the new blogosphere, the monopoly of the big 3 is finally coming to an end, and with it a balance of power between truth and politics.

WASHINGTON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - U.S. household wealth swelled to a new record in the second quarter of 2004, while borrowing outside the financial sector grew at a slower pace, the Federal Reserve said on Thursday.

In its quarterly "Flow of Funds" report, the Fed said household balance sheets increased 1.4 percent to $45.907 trillion in the second quarter, compared with an upwardly revised $45.270 trillion in the first quarter of this year.

First-quarter household wealth was initially reported at $45.153 trillion, which had been a record high.

Much of the increase in household net worth came from rising real estate values. The Fed said the market value of household real estate, which includes owner-occupied homes, second homes and vacant land, rose 2.9 percent to $15.713 trillion in the second quarter.

The value of U.S. stocks were nearly steady at $6.066 trillion in the second quarter, compared to $6.072 trillion in the first quarter. Mutual funds nudged 1.7 percent higher.

Total U.S. borrowing, excluding the financial sector, rose at a seasonally adjusted 7.7 percent annual rate in the second quarter, slightly slower than its upwardly revised 9.1 percent growth in the first quarter. First quarter non-financial debt was initially reported growing 8.6 percent.

The Fed said the slowdown in debt growth was nearly evenly distributed across all the major non-financial sectors, including the federal government, households, non-financial businesses and local governments.

Household debt grew 9.5 percent in the second quarter, cooling somewhat from its 11.3 percent expansion in the first quarter. Mortgage debt grew 11.1 percent in the second quarter compared to 13.1 percent in the first quarter.

The total level of non-financial debt outstanding at the end of the second quarter was $23.220 trillion, in seasonally adjusted terms.

© Copyright Reuters Ltd. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of Reuters Ltd.

capt.wvrs10309162250.edwards_wvrs103.jpg

"Three-year-old Sophia Parlock cries while seated on the shoulders of her father, Phil Parlock, after having their Bush-Cheney sign torn up by Kerry-Edwards supporters on Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004, at the Tri-State Airport in Huntington, W.Va. "

Big, bad Democrats. Shame on them. Pick on someone your own size.

Almost as bad as all the peope arrested when they protested at the Republican convention......... Even a judge went ballistic over that ---

BTW - where is that liberal media you ahte so much?

Joeychgo said:
BTW - where is that liberal media you ahte so much?
They are everywhere. Even in my underwear.

RE: Florida...

I really relish the fact that it is the Democrats that are trying to crush the will of many Americans to vote for the candidate of their choice. How do you reconcile the fact that it is the Democrats that DO NOT WANT every vote to be counted, unless of course, it is for their candidate? Well....

Pepsi2185 said:
If florida screws up again, were are gonna ahve an old fashioned uprising on our hands.

I really relish the fact that it is the Democrats that are trying to crush the will of the Florida voter to vote for the candidate of their choice. How do you reconcile the fact that it is the Democrats that DO NOT WANT every vote to be counted, unless of course, it is for their candidate? Well....

MonsterMark said:

I really relish the fact that it is the Democrats that are trying to crush the will of the Florida voter to vote for the candidate of their choice. How do you reconcile the fact that it is the Democrats that DO NOT WANT every vote to be counted, unless of course, it is for their candidate? Well....

There you go again, distortng facts. The FACT is that the Dems are making sure everything is played by the rule book. If Nader, for what ever reason, is not qualified by FLA law to be on the ballots there, then he shouldn't be on a ballot! That is NOT suppressing votes, that is playing fair.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
There you go again, distortng facts. The FACT is that the Dems are making sure everything is played by the rule book. If Nader, for what ever reason, is not qualified by FLA law to be on the ballots there, then he shouldn't be on a ballot! That is NOT suppressing votes, that is playing fair.
I hope Nader doesn't get on the ballot so that there are no excuses if/when GW beats Kerry there, or vice versa.

97silverlsc said:
I see that CBS news is apologizing for release of the documents concerning Shrubs guard service, that should make Bryan and Kbob happy.
Truth in journalism should make everyone happy. I'm sorry you're not.

Kbob,
There you go again. I didn't say I wasn't happy they're being honest, wish all the media would be. I wish you wouldn't assume anything on my part, remember what Felix Unger said?

Phil

97silverlsc said:
Kbob,
There you go again. I didn't say I wasn't happy they're being honest, wish all the media would be. I wish you wouldn't assume anything on my part, remember what Felix Unger said?

Phil
I'll copy a line from your previous post: "I see that CBS news is apologizing for release of the documents concerning Shrubs guard service, that should make Bryan and Kbob happy." Is there anyone that actually believes that your motive in pointing me out by name and describing my reaction as "happy" was because you felt the same way? Give us all a break and cut your losses.
Then you have the nerve to post: "I wish you wouldn't assume anything on my part."
You really are a piece of work. But I'm glad you referenced Felix Unger, cause I don't have to search for a word that describes you and that laughably hypocritical post.

What's the matter Kbob, don't like it when someone presents information that you don't care for? I won't lower myself to your level with the name calling, but I will continue to present information here that is pertinent to the election. The media in this country is doing a great diservice to the people by worrying more about their ratings and profits than reporting the news.

:F
Phil

97silverlsc said:
What's the matter Kbob, don't like it when someone presents information that you don't care for? I won't lower myself to your level with the name calling
I wish to apologize to everyone. I actually thought I was having a debate, but I see that another "I know you are but what am I" candidate is running for the office of troll. So keep on posting your unsubstantially "pertinent" information, 97silverlsc, I'm sure you'll fool a few people.

Members online

Back