Jim's '94 Mark is throwing the following codes

18 - loss of ignition Monitor input
34 - egr position high voltage
39 - transaxle prob, no TC lockup
51 - coolant temp circuit
53 - TPS circuit failure
63 - TPS circuit failure
89 - lockup solenoid circuit failure
95 - Thermactor air system prob (what the hell is that?)

He knows that the EGR tube going to the exhaust manifold has a crack in it. He's been having trouble starting it (takes long to turn over unless its primed). Also, tranny has a leak, forgot where. Any tips on where to start? The reason why I ask is because I had one sensor throw codes on 5 different sensor that were perfectly fine.

anyone?? I called a Lincoln dealership up yesterday and talked to a service tech and he explained to me that the thermactor system was not put into Mark till 96 being that mines a 95 what would a year difference make.Also code 18 loss of ignition monitor input I was told it may be a coil.

Last edited:
Jibit said:
Cmon guys, anyone?
sounds like the ecm is going south thats too many different problems in too many different places to be real. check all fuse and relays go to all fusable links and then have the ecm tested. if you clear them do they come back?
Eric

ERIC1 said:
sounds like the ecm is going south thats too many different problems in too many different places to be real. check all fuse and relays go to all fusable links and then have the ecm tested. if you clear them do they come back?
Eric
No offense and I appreciate the input but I can't see it being ECM. The reason I say this is because of the known problems the car has (starting, cracked egr tube, tranny leak) and also because I have seen cases where one bad sensor can affect many others (however the sensor are usually linked in some way or they react off each other).

Jibit said:
No offense and I appreciate the input but I can't see it being ECM. The reason I say this is because of the known problems the car has (starting, cracked egr tube, tranny leak) and also because I have seen cases where one bad sensor can affect many others (however the sensor are usually linked in some way or they react off each other).
nah none takin. hope you fix it.

Jibit said:
Jim's '94 Mark is throwing the following codes

18 - loss of ignition Monitor input
34 - egr position high voltage
39 - transaxle prob, no TC lockup
51 - coolant temp circuit
53 - TPS circuit failure
63 - TPS circuit failure
89 - lockup solenoid circuit failure
95 - Thermactor air system prob (what the hell is that?)

Loss of ignition is most likely a bad coil. EGR code is from your broken line. The thermactor (smog pump) code is most likely due to the EGR problem, so take care of the EGR problem first, and see if the problem persists.
Check your throttle position sensor, and its connector to besure of a tight/clean connection, also check with a DMM for correct operation. As for the TC lockup, check fuses/links to make sure the solenoid is being supplied with power, also check connections. Most of these problems could be cause by a simple blown fuse, burnt link, bad wire, ect. Hope this gets you somewhere... good luck.

mikepietras04 said:
Loss of ignition is most likely a bad coil. EGR code is from your broken line. The thermactor (smog pump) code is most likely due to the EGR problem, so take care of the EGR problem first, and see if the problem persists.
Check your throttle position sensor, and its connector to besure of a tight/clean connection, also check with a DMM for correct operation. As for the TC lockup, check fuses/links to make sure the solenoid is being supplied with power, also check connections. Most of these problems could be cause by a simple blown fuse, burnt link, bad wire, ect. Hope this gets you somewhere... good luck.
Thanks for the input it make alot of sense. :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back