Check Engine Light

BeatingU

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright I was following my buddy around in my mark and he was in a 01 silverado. We were getting it pretty hard he had his at the governed 107 and I was toying around with by passing him and then letting off. Basicly doing circles at 120. When all the sudden I see my temp guage at a little above half which I have never seen before she never runs above a third. So I switch on the overdrive to bring the rpms down and about 10 seconds later the check engine light pops on and then goes out it did this about 5 times. It even did it when the temp went down. I have know clue what it is so any help would be great :Beer :feedback

could be an vehicle speed limit code,engine overtemp code,or a lean code runnig at that speed.a code would help.

l-m tech said:
could be an vehicle speed limit code,engine overtemp code,or a lean code runnig at that speed.a code would help.

Can I get a code when the check engine light is off?

yup, just go down to a local shop and have them read the code, they also can tell you what it is if not let me know what it is and i can look it up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back