Changing the Tranny Fluid??

h2osho

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well my 2000 Premium V8 rolled 90k recently and I'm thinking about changing the tranny fluid. What is the recommendation for the interval and what type of fluid? I had no OM when I bought the car.

And since there's no tranny fluid stick (stupid move from Lincoln) I have no idea what my level is without accessing the tranny.

The only tech I trust....recommended his FULL flush, not the cheap ones you get from the oil change places. About $80 he said.

Who has some comments on what to do?

Its a pain in the rear you have to pump the fluid in with a pump like you would do in the rear end I had mine done and its a slow procees and i paid 40 dollars to have mine flushed and filled so its a little high but its worth having it done if you dont have a lift

With 90,000 miles, I would be careful about changing the type of fluid in the car. I would recommend using just exactly what is called for in your owner's manual.

Unless you are set up to fill this tranny, your best bet would be to take it to the dealer or some other reputable shop to have done.

h2osho said:
Well my 2000 Premium V8 rolled 90k recently and I'm thinking about changing the tranny fluid. What is the recommendation for the interval and what type of fluid? I had no OM when I bought the car.

And since there's no tranny fluid stick (stupid move from Lincoln) I have no idea what my level is without accessing the tranny.

The only tech I trust....recommended his FULL flush, not the cheap ones you get from the oil change places. About $80 he said.

Who has some comments on what to do?

if you have extra cash, i would change it , drive around for a week and then change it again...although the milage is kind of scary , and since it still rides on original fluid you have 50/50 precent chance of helping/worsening the situation....i changed mine at 52k, helped alot, since the car was used mainly by older couple before i bought it , and will be changing again this weekend(62k) ....

I change mine tranny fluid every 30k miles...

Not a full flush until 60k.

:Beer

Members online

Back