CEL P0193 Fuel Pressure Sensor

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Dont see much info on this one.

Just fired up new motor & trans and got the codes P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure High Input along with codes P2196 & P2198 for Bank 1 & 2 O2 Sensors Stuck Rich.

Car runs amazing now post install but of course its never that easy.. New fuel filter etc.. if its dumping too much gas Im leaning towards 99% the fuel pressure sensor decided to bust at the same time? What is the purpose of the sensor on the rear of the rail? Dont even see a part# for that anywhere.

Not a lean condition so I know there arent any vacuum leaks..

Last edited:
Dont see much info on this one.

Just fired up new motor & trans and got the codes P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure High Input along with codes P2196 & P2198 for Bank 1 & 2 O2 Sensors Stuck Rich.

Car runs amazing now post install but of course its never that easy.. New fuel filter etc.. if its dumping too much gas Im leaning towards 99% the fuel pressure sensor decided to bust at the same time? What is the purpose of the sensor on the rear of the rail? Dont even see a part# for that anywhere.

Not a lean condition so I know there arent any vacuum leaks..
V8?
At the rear of the rail is the temperature sensor.
The fuel pressure sensor is at the front end of the right side rail. It has a vacuum connection to it.

If the car is too rich, means that the pressure is most likely indeed too high, and even with trim down to -25% the car still throws too much fuel, this is the reason for the O2 errors. You can ignore those for now and concentrate on the high pressure issue. If you solve that, the others will disappear too. There is no pressure regulator on the system, so most likely the PWM control on the pump for some reason is not working and it is running at full speed.

Joy...

Cat codes went away. DTC for fuel still pending though.

The fan is also running at full speed. I guess that is a result of the fuel DTC. I do have a new motor with a different thermastat but im at 206-210 so far only.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back