CCFL DDE vs. HID

Fastbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, what is the point of the "Angel Eyes" or "Halo" headlights?? Is there really any true purpose other than looks??

Also, would a "Halo" kit be able to be combined with a HID conversion?? I know that would be expensive, but I LOVE the halo look and want/need to do a HID setup for my fiancee' for night driving.

Sorry about the newb questions, but I haven't really had anything to even consider this on before.

I have the HID conversion kit and the CCFL DDE kit running on my LS now. The HID kits have NO effect on the CCFL rings.

The CCFL Angel Eye kits are for looks only. They add nothing to the lighting. However, you'll get looks from other folks like crazy.

GrayGhost1 said:
I have the HID conversion kit and the CCFL DDE kit running on my LS now. The HID kits have NO effect on the CCFL rings.

The CCFL Angel Eye kits are for looks only. They add nothing to the lighting. However, you'll get looks from other folks like crazy.

Right on!!!! You made my day. Now if I didn't have two other project cars, one daily driver in need of fixin, and a wedding to save for, I'd be getting the entire setup real quickly. Sadly it's going to have to wait, but at least I know I can do my setup like yours.

Cool! You'll love them for sure. If you become a LvC Gold Member I offer a 10% discount on the CCFL Angel Eye Headlights. :Beer

GrayGhost1 said:
Cool! You'll love them for sure. If you become a LvC Gold Member I offer a 10% discount on the CCFL Angel Eye Headlights. :Beer

Good info, I shall keep that in mind.

Members online

Back