Car running rough

TBT

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Car is an 04 Lincoln LS V6 with 126000 miles. Started slightly missing(misfiring) about 2400 miles ago and eventually developed into running very rough and throwing random CEL's. It's currently throwing a CEL for the 3rd cylinder COP, which I have replaced to no avail. Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and fixed it somehow. My buddy at the local ford dealer says it sounds like it could be a bad PCM, which I really hope is not the case.

Change all plugs and all coils.

Stop driving the car with misfires or you will ruin your cats.

The normal LS problem is coils. The identification of which coil is not always right, and usually several of them will fail within months of each other. The solution is to replace all the coils at once. If you had searched and/or read the stickys, you'd already know this and wouldn't have had to wait for a response.

When you replace a coil, you always have to replace the associated spark plug. Bad coil damages spark plug. Damaged spark plug damages new coil. Cycle repeats. It may have been coil 3, but it you didn't replace the spark plug, then new coil may be bad now too.

With the V6, there are known issues with the PCV valve plumbing. You should replace it all while you have the top half of the manifold off. It can also cause rough running and misfires. Searching would reveal this too.

If anyone has messed with the fuel injectors, the latches on the connectors may be broken and could also be causing your problems.

You'll get better help if you post the exact five-character OBDII codes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back