car dying

BLACK SNAKE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have mark 8 that dies and the dash goes black. When I try to restart I turn the key and there no starter ,like the key is not working. If I wait ten minutes the car starts just fine and runs .I was told it could have something to do with the anti theft, is there a way to disable it,

I have mark 8 that dies and the dash goes black. When I try to restart I turn the key and there no starter ,like the key is not working. If I wait ten minutes the car starts just fine and runs .I was told it could have something to do with the anti theft, is there a way to disable it Your starter could be starting to fail. Try getting it tested.

I have mark 8 that dies and the dash goes black. When I try to restart I turn the key and there no starter ,like the key is not working. If I wait ten minutes the car starts just fine and runs .I was told it could have something to do with the anti theft, is there a way to disable it,
I would say not starter if it shuts off and dash goes black not the starter I would say connection or relay losing power I would check connections and cables,Antitheft maybe

I would say not starter if it shuts off and dash goes black not the starter I would say connection or relay losing power I would check connections and cables,Antitheft maybe
I don't think it's the starter because it happens sometimes while I am driving.

You have ground problems. Time to trace from the battery to the engine and body.

Your SCIL is bad. I bought a spare for just when I get issues like yours in the future. Bone yard is the only place you will find one. Look it up and see the simptoms for your self. This what they look like and are behind passenger side kick panel above the carpet.
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII SCIL Module AP code | eBay

Members online

Back