Cant decide

StankinLincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i recently had a 95 town car but totaled it. im having trouble deciding on my next car if i should get 1996-1998 eldorado or markviii. i love the eldorado but im startin to enjoy markviii's and i was wondering if anyone has some pointers or advice on which has more options and what would be cheaper to repair.

My opinion there is more you can do with a Mark VIII. Many Mustang modes will work on a Mark VIII.

Eldos are nice but I've heard they have a tendency to leak oil. I've also heard they are harder to work on.

Remember the Caddy is FWD compared to the RWD of the Mark VIII. If you like to feel the torque from the power under the hood, you'll like the Mark VIII more.

Also, I believe you will find more support for you Mark VIII than the Eldorados. Look who is more active on this board. Between the LS and Mark VIII members they make up probably 85% of the activity on this board.

Get the MarkVIII

The N* is a huge-pain to work on, and wait till that piece inbetween the oil pan and the block (yes, there is a seperate plate there) for the oil passage starts to leak.

If I rember right - I think the book time says 13 hours - but most shops will charge around 20 b/c of how much of a PITA it is to do.

You'd be better off sticking with the Mark VIII for down the road issues - and IMHO Cadillac seems to not be as high on the perch as they once were...

thank you

im goin for the m8 thanks for the input. unfortunatly mespock i will not. im stuck with a neon right now while i save money for it. it just sucks goin from a town car to a neon. lol if you all would like to see what the town car looked like after i wrecked it i have it on myspace. it heldup pretty well for hitting a ditch at 90-100
http://www.myspace.com/44789432

Members online

No members online now.
Back