Can anyone help with a 98 Jeep wrangler?

LSVIPDEMON

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The thing crancks and crancks but wont start till you give it a full throtle, then it stalls as sson as you get off the pedal.

The exhaust system sounds like somethings rattling around inside. Its almost as if the drive shaft was busted ( to explain the noise I know the drive shaft has nothing to do with this) the Cat is shot and my Girlfriends Aunts Mechanic said it would be ok..hmmm..It belongs to her but we have been useing it since we needed another vehicle cause of the Baby.

Any help would be great thanks.

the Cat is shot

I think you answered your own question. Try this, remove the 02 sensor before the Cat, thus allowing air to escape through that hole. If it runs, your Cat is clogged (you won't be able to drive like this). Other thing is to check your fuel pressure.

I knew it would most likely be the converter but I cant dissrespect somone else in a maner as, ( what the hell do you know I am damn sure it beeing busted is gunna :q:q:q:q things up)... Well thats what I felt like saying, but I had to respect her wishes. Now its shot for sure and I gota deal with it..

I can understand your pain. I'm not sure how accessable the Cat is but try dropping the exhaust and hollowing it out for the time being. ;)

same thing happened on my LS on the highway, Had the car floored and couldnt get above 45MPH. Got it to the dealer and the cat broke apart inside and clogged the exhaust. I feel you pain, that sucked.

Well, I think the cat beeing cold out last night gave a bit of some issues when starting. It was late out, but this morning I tried to :q:q:q:q with the intake and MAF or what ever the jeep has and after that it ran. It aint feeling good, pluss its still gunna be there tonight so if my assumption of the cold hellped the problem its still sitin. But the the thing is that I took the filter box appart messed with some of the MAF wires that seemed to NOT be loose and nothing was wrong. The tubes were all tight and the filter was clean. Then vroom it started but its still gunna have to get a new exhaust system and about every sensore that there is before it can be driven daily again, I just have that bad feeling.

same thing happened on my LS on the highway, Had the car floored and couldnt get above 45MPH. Got it to the dealer and the cat broke apart inside and clogged the exhaust. I feel you pain, that sucked.

Well see, this is the problem. We knew the damn Cat was shot but the guy told her aunt that if you can tollerate the noise than it will be fine but now, yeah its all busted inside the canister. My case is that I cant get it started unless I have it floored when crancking it over then when I take my foot off it shuts back down. But after the tinkering I stated above it worked.

The next :q:q:q:qy part is that it will have to be towed from Jersey to PA, or to the Sears in the mall that my girlfriend works at. I made it clear in another post how I feel about those dicks!

Members online

Back