Buying a Used Mk VIII

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm looking at a used 97 Mk VIII LSC, I'm sure there are others out there that are or will be considering the same thing at some point. What do we need to be considering when we look to purchase one of these cars, especially for those of us who wish to turn use them as daily drivers?

Thanks

One thing I would consider is, that cool as all get-out, yet sounds frighteningly expensive to repair neon rear taillight. And another issue is, I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E! A Mark VIII might be really expensive to insure (I know it is in GA!). In fact, the "I"-word is the only reason I'm not driving one. They're beautiful cars, I wish you the best of luck if you get it though. I hope this post helps, some.
(BTW again, don't let me discourage you, I'm more like saying be a little prepared.)

Last edited:
I hear you on the insurance, I priced it out and its as much for just the Mk VIII LSC as it is right now for my 97 Regal and 67 Skylark combined

i pay 180 for my 94, but look at the paint, tires basic things like that i think its tccoa that has alot of the "how to " articels on some of the prob areas, and dont everyone hate me for saying this but LOD's web site has some tech to . hope that helps a little. the first prob i know you will notice is the head lights, and yes there is some thing you can do

Members online

No members online now.
Back