Buying a MK VIII

B

bobo81bu

So im hoping to purchase a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII soon off of a co-worker and i for a decent price with 130,000 miles on it. What on the car should be checked over or payed close anttention too? I will take it to a mechanic to have him check it out but what should i look for? The only thing i know so far is the Air ride system will need to be replaced and im looking for a coil over kit from a vender.

Thanks,
bobo

Suspension - Transmission ----- those are the biggies.

We have several vendors with coil conversion kits (see ads on right)

Strutmasters gives a 25% discount on Coil Conversion Kits to LVC Gold Members -

Yeah, i was checkin out the different venders on your site and the kits they had...

What specifically should be checked over on the trans? What tends to fail?What model trans is it? I'll check the trans fluid color and see if it should be changed(most likely it will)

Ive personally know a few people around my way who have gone through AOD's on fox body stangs like crazy, probably 3 or 4 cars in all..

at 130k - its hit or miss. If its been maintained well, and driven properly, it may last awhile. I would suggest you be prepared for a tranny change in the next 20k.

Good news, the engine can go another 130k easy if maintained properly.

Bobo81bu, if there is anything I can help you with as far as questions you might have about the suspension or the conversion kits please let me know. This month we are offering the Mark VIII four wheel kit to ALL members for $350 DELIVERED. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

Strutmasters said:
Bobo81bu, if there is anything I can help you with as far as questions you might have about the suspension or the conversion kits please let me know. This month we are offering the Mark VIII four wheel kit to ALL members for $350 DELIVERED. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

Bob, this price is unheard of, wish this offer was in place when I did mine !!!! Strut team is the 1-1.5" lowering included ? Bob, these guys are very helpful too about finding an installer in your area !!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back