Bushings and air ride Q's?!

SC_Steve

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok, I was curious to see if anyone knew of a place that sells a front end and rear bushing kit for the Mark VIII's?

ok, and I also had another question. I'm going to be switching the car over from air ride to springs/shocks. When I do this (if anyone here knows off hand) will I be able to pull all the other junk out too? I want to ditch the compressor, obviously all the bags/sensors/lines, the air ride computer and all associated wiring for it.

will this cause the car/computer to give me errors/problems? Also, is everything pretty straight forward for removing those components, or is it more or less a pian in the ass tracking all this stuff down?

thanks,
-Steve

SC_Steve said:
ok, I was curious to see if anyone knew of a place that sells a front end and rear bushing kit for the Mark VIII's?

ok, and I also had another question. I'm going to be switching the car over from air ride to springs/shocks. When I do this (if anyone here knows off hand) will I be able to pull all the other junk out too? I want to ditch the compressor, obviously all the bags/sensors/lines, the air ride computer and all associated wiring for it.

will this cause the car/computer to give me errors/problems? Also, is everything pretty straight forward for removing those components, or is it more or less a pian in the ass tracking all this stuff down?

thanks,
-Steve

Are you lookin to upgrade to poly bushings, or are you lookin to just a simple replacement? I would recommend poly (that is what I have on my car).

The only part that is not available in poly for the front is the radius arm bushings. They are only available in the factory rubber, but the rest is available in poly. The rears are also available in poly....the carrier bushings, and the bushings for the control arms in the rear also.

A company called MN12 Performance is the place I purchased the front kit from. When you call, the person will reduce the price because there is a few bushings that he has in his kit that are not compatible to the Mark VIII (the shock mount bushings). They also have rear kits for the Mark VIII, along with the rear carrier bushings too, they have a kit for IRS control arms, and they have sway bar bushings as well.

Now, Geno has the carrier bushings as well. I purchased my rear carrier bushings from Geno.

As for the suspension, you can take everything except the controller/wiring for the suspension. The suspension controller is also the EVO (Electronically Variable Orifice) Power Steering Module. You can prolly remove the associated wiring for the suspension, but not everything connected to the suspension controller. The wiring will have to stay because it controls the steering as well.......sorry mang.

i had the rear air suspension replaced on a 90 continental with reg. struts. I went through a company called arnott industries, their prices were reasonable when comparing to replacing with new air ride components. just fyi

indust82 said:
i had the rear air suspension replaced on a 90 continental with reg. struts. I went through a company called arnott industries, their prices were reasonable when comparing to replacing with new air ride components. just fyi

Arnott is the springs we used on Venecia.

I do not like springs. . .

cool... thanks peeps :)

it's greatly appreciated
-Steve

SC_Steve said:

thanks,
-Steve

if your front bags are still good i will take them from you if you are going to springs

Members online

No members online now.
Back