brakedust or what?

bb58926

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how in the hell a car that is WELL maintained just randomly starts making a noise in the front wheel. I have been told that it might be brake dust, but to me it sounds like something warped, I can hear a rubbing sound that increases with speed and it gets worse when I turn to the right. I have an appointment to take it in the mornig to a garage, hope they can fix it without robbing me.. I am seriously starting to wonder whether or not to sell this damn car. I have never owned any FORD type products and I have never had this mush trouble so quick out of a car.... Should've kept the denali... Any ideas how much I can get out of an 00' model with approx 77000 miles....?
:q

bb58926 said:
I am trying to figure out how in the hell a car that is WELL maintained just randomly starts making a noise in the front wheel. I have been told that it might be brake dust, but to me it sounds like something warped, I can hear a rubbing sound that increases with speed and it gets worse when I turn to the right. I have an appointment to take it in the mornig to a garage, hope they can fix it without robbing me.. I am seriously starting to wonder whether or not to sell this damn car. I have never owned any FORD type products and I have never had this mush trouble so quick out of a car.... Should've kept the denali... Any ideas how much I can get out of an 00' model with approx 77000 miles....?
:q

Sorry for your problems, but shazam, you've got 77000 miles on it. You have to expect some maintnence once in a while. It sounds like a pad severly worn (when were the brakes last done?) or maybe a wheel bearing going. BTW how long have you had the car? From your post it sounds like it is new to you.

Sounds like you are expecting the worst, so most likely you'll get it. That's the way pessimism works.

yea check the brakes. If you gotta change em just use a good pad. I use raybestos ceramic pads. they never squeal and they make virtually NO dust.

whenever i wash my car and drive it after, there is a loud rubbing noise when i brake, but after a while when its completely dry, the noise is gone... what could that be?

LennDawg said:
whenever i wash my car and drive it after, there is a loud rubbing noise when i brake, but after a while when its completely dry, the noise is gone... what could that be?

I know when I wash my car the rotors get a little rust on them. It comes right of when you apply the brakes. Maybe causing a squek or two.

thats not gonna make much of a difference in the squeak. the pads may be worn and are begining to crack.

My LS makes noises to when it brakes, not to mention it has CRAZY brake dust on the front wheels, even though l clean them CONSTANTLY, i think the dealer i bought it from in May put on crappy pads hence the brake dust, or they didnt touch them at all and there just old and pooped out explaining the squeak, well time to get some ceramic pads. just thought id share my troubles.

my dealer pads sucked. they made more dust and noise than they acually worked

Members online

Back