brake problem

shagdrum

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The car has been up on jack stands for a few weeks while I rebuilt the rear suspension. Just before I put the car up on jack stands I started having a bad problem with the brakes. I got a hard pedal, could hear vacuum escaping in the passenger compartment and the engine would start loosing enough vacuum to make it chug.

The first then I did with the car on jack stands was replace the booster and master cylinder then bleed the brakes. Just got the car off the jack stands tonight and started it up. Engine seemed to run a little rough, but when I pressed on the brakes it started chugging again. However, there was no hard pedal (it seemed like hardly any pressure at all), and I couldn't hear any vacuum in the passenger compartment. I got out and walked to the driver side of the engine bay and could hear air leaking out near the master cylinder/booster.

I am gonna look into it tomorrow. An recommendations on how to diagnose it? Any ideas on what it could be?

1 step diag, if you hear air leaking inside the cabin/around the booster replace it. pump the pedal a few times you will find the "sweet spot" and make it hiss again

Members online

No members online now.
Back