Bass Up, Door Rattle

KD00LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to take apart the door handle surroundings and put foam tape on the sides of it so the bass wont make it rattle and sound like :q

KD00LS said:
Is there any way to take apart the door handle surroundings and put foam tape on the sides of it so the bass wont make it rattle and sound like :q

this is for the front doors, back doors are similar... you gotta take the black thing behind the inside of the door handle off and theres a screww u gotta take off behind that... then there are 3 screws along the bottom of the door panel u gotta takeoff, and one on the side... there are also 2 screws in the lil compartment next to the window switch, you gotta lift the latch up inside of it and unscrew those 2... after that you gotta be very careful cause the panel is held on by little white screws... you just rip it off being very careful not to break them

I just want to put foam tape between the door handle surrounding and the wood grain on the door, do I still have to do all of that?

I would just put some fat matt, new skin, or the spray sound deadener... your still gona have rattles.. even with the foam tape.. imho

it seems to be rattling only between the two, cause even if i touch the inside of the door handle surrounding, it sounds perfect

if you are talking about the black piece surrounding the door handle just pop it off and see if your rattle goes away. It pops off from the front. You may find out that you just have a connector rattling inside the door and not the door handle surround especially if you replaced the factory speakers.

ovsims said:
if you are talking about the black piece surrounding the door handle just pop it off and see if your rattle goes away. It pops off from the front. You may find out that you just have a connector rattling inside the door and not the door handle surround especially if you replaced the factory speakers.

put more speakers in, then you wont hear it rattle :)

WOW.. i have the same problem but i think foam tape should fix it..All the dynamat i put in the doors and i got that da mn little black plastic rattle.. uugghh.. but i will admit the dynamt help out a lot from the actuall door panel from completely rattling apart.. and same with the trunk..but i have about 100 lbs of that stuff in the trunk..lol.. and ended up with one rattle on the outside.. THE LICENSE PLATE.. but fixed that last night.

Members online

No members online now.
Back