bad miss

red57

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Lincoln LS. Has anyone had the problem of a bad miss when accelerating or approaching a hill? I had the car checked and was told that #6 cylinder misfired.. I replaced that coil, and it still had the miss. The second time it took it to a dealership and they told me I had a misfire on #8 cylinder so I replaced #8 and also the spark plugs-needless to say I still have the same miss.

When the cars is running on level road it runs great, but when I press the accelerator it starts missing bad. I also have a "check charging system" light on. I have replaced the alternator and the battery, but the message is still there.

You could still have a bad coil that has been mis-diagnosed. Quite a few of us have used the "swap around" method to find the bad coil. You could have more than one bad also. If your misfire error was on the same cylinder, then I would say maybe you have a bad fuel injector or other problem, but I would still lean toward a coil issue.

Also, make sure you don't have oil leaking back into the plug wells due to bad gaskets. That will cause a misfire also. Check the links in my sig for more detail.

Members online

Back