B-pillar cover removal?

01lssport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had taken the b-pillar covers off before? I am planning on painting them the same color as the car. The difference between painting them in the garage or on the car. I would really like to paint them off the car (to remove a ding as well). Thanx for the help.

FreeFaller said:
Go to www.lskoncepts.com and check out their b-billar inserts. Those may be what you're looking for.

Not really what I want. Sticking two sided tape on my car is not something I want to do. I figured that since they were put on the car that they could be taken off. I will have to mess with it this weekend. You probably have to take the whole door apart. Thanx.

I am with you 01... I have been planning on removing mine to attempt to remove a ding. Since I have a black car I do not need to paint them but I still would like to know how to remove them.

I might stand corrected but all they are vinyl covered steel pillars. I would think removal would be a hard project for anyone to handle. I personally bought LS Koncepts pillar covers and they are NOT 2-sided contact paper, they are actual vinyl pieces that are extremely similar to window tint but obviously painted to your desire. I personally havent taken the time to install them but that could be my project for tomorrow while at work. HAHA

Good luck!
-Scott-

ohioLS said:
I might stand corrected but all they are vinyl covered steel pillars. I would think removal would be a hard project for anyone to handle. I personally bought LS Koncepts pillar covers and they are NOT 2-sided contact paper, they are actual vinyl pieces that are extremely similar to window tint but obviously painted to your desire. I personally havent taken the time to install them but that could be my project for tomorrow while at work. HAHA

Good luck!
-Scott-

How do they stay on if there is no two sided tape? Just wondering. I saw some on e-bay that were made of stainless and used two sided tape.

Well I will let you know tomorrow I wish I could snap some pics but my other computer is down and out. eLeS also they are .008 I miked them for you.

01LS -The way I understand it, is one side has adhesive on it, you peel the paper off the back use a lil soapy water solution on the pillar itself and apply it and move into place squeegee the water out from behind it and cut excess material off. I am going to attempt this tomorrow.

-Scott-

Well, I finally found out how to take the b-pillar covers off so I can take the dents out and paint them.

I took the bottom window molding/trim off. It pops off on the b-pillar side and slides toward the rear of the car. Pulled the weather stripping out of the channel on the vertical portion of the b-pillar. Behind the weather stripping there are 3 screws the hold the b-pillar on, just make sure you don't drop them into the door. If your careful you won't have to take the top molding off.
Fairly easy. I bought all new molding, mine were very bad (sun damage).

Members online

Back