At the drive-in movie theater with my Eldo

eldo99er

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was at the drive-in movie theater with my 99 Eldorado the other day. I had the engine turned off and the car on P. The sound experience of the Bose system is awesome, if you crank it up all the way it's just like the movie house.

However, every 10 minutes or so the radio would go off and the antenna would retract, so that I had to either start the engine again or turn the key one notch up, then back to P.

Are there 2 accessory positions (i.e. where you can use the radio without the engine being on)? In the first, only P lights up and the radio stays on for about 10 minutes, in the second one the dashboard symbols light up, and the seatbelt warning signal drives me crazy, which is why I always kept it in the first position on P, and had to go back to the second position every 10 minutes to keep the radio going.

Is there any way to get around this so that I can have the radio on during the whole 2-hour movie? What do you do when you take your Eldorado to the drive-in? I should mention my drive-in is also open during the winter (the heated seats are just the right thing then) and gets fairly good business.

My 83 Eldo did the same thing.................

It is the shutdown timer. After ten minutes in the ACC position, mine did the same thing. I always just shut it down and put the key in the start position. Just make sure that you turn off everything but the radio.

are you turning the key 1 "notch" as if starting the car-if you turn it counter clock wise you shoul be in the accesory position and radio should nort turn off stays on. Drive ins rule!!! its a shame they are all closing down

Cool I can't wait to take my 75 to the drive-in. But they are hard to find drive-in's in cali. Thanks to walmart buying them all up.

Staff online

Members online

Back