Another satisfied switch lowering kit customer.....PHILLYRT

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Here are a few pix I resized for Nick (PHILLYRT) that he sent me after installing another one of the switch lowering kits......Just like Jon (StraDog), and Brad (MarkOfDeath) has......a few pix are blurry....but you get the idea....

phillyrt.jpg

phillyrt1.jpg

phillyrt2.jpg

phillyrt3.jpg

phillyrt4.jpg

phillyrt5.jpg

phillyrt6.jpg

phillyrt7.jpg

MonsterMark said:
Post some more detail about what you are offering. I'm interested.

What I am offering is a very simplified version of Kale's switch lowering. The whole thing comes prewired, with all the t-tap connections, terminals already crimped onto the appropriate wires......labeled as to where they go, switch, fuse, and even all taped up (no loose wires). Ready to install. I send/email you the pix I have on my computer as to where I hooked into for the power/ground, and I give you the link to Kale's page so you know how to take the car apart, and what it is that you are lookin for (I do this so I do not have to waste any paper in printing all that stuff that Kale has already placed on a site), so you can wire the thing up. THEN, I go to the next step, and give you my personal number for ANY question you have prior/during/after the installation if you so need.

I hope that answers your question........and anyone else's for that matter.

I put Ray's lowering kit in and it is simply AWESOME. For $40 Bucks, I gave him a extra fin, you get an easy to install lowering kit that makes your car look like a million dollars, or a hell lot better.

Hey There's My Hood ! Very nice pics, awesome ride man. :yourock:

WHat exactly is involved in installing this? How long does it take? How exactly does it work?

Joeychgo said:
WHat exactly is involved in installing this? How long does it take? How exactly does it work?
Basically you have to remove the interior panels in your car, find the suspension control module, crimp some t-taps, mount the control relays, test the system, and put the car back together. That is about it. Everything else is done for you. I have the whole thing pre-wired/taped up, all you have to do is crimp some t-taps and you are finished. The hardest thing with this is to remove the interior panels in the car.....IMHO that is.

How long does it take....well, that all depends on you. How good are you with following directions, and mechanically challenged you happen to be. Even the complete novice can have this accomplished within 2 hours.

Basically, when you hit the switch, it sends 12V to the solenoids at the bags, and the one at the compressor allowing the system to completely vent. Then, after the timer relay times out, you can restart your car, and it will air up once again to where ever you have the suspension at (factory, or solenoid lowered).

Hope that answers your question.

1wykdmk8 said:
Here are a few pix I resized for Nick (PHILLYRT) that he sent me after installing another one of the switch lowering kits......Just like Jon (StraDog), and Brad (MarkOfDeath) has......a few pix are blurry....but you get the idea....
Hey Guy, Gino told me to check you out about your lowering kit after I saw it on his car. I've got every mod he's come up with so far. If you check out the pctures of the spoiler he has posted, the black mark is mine. Anyway, is there any way I can get the lowering device from you? I can also be reached at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a lowering kit for the 1988 lincoln town car for the rear air bags? if someone could help me out that would be great

godnmbrseven said:
is there a lowering kit for the 1988 lincoln town car for the rear air bags? if someone could help me out that would be great

I doubt that there is one as of yet, but if you want one, it can be designed.......

do you know who i should get at to get something like this designed? i am serious about buying so if someone can get a lowering kit together i would be willing to buy right away.

StraDog said:
I put Ray's lowering kit in and it is simply AWESOME. For $40 Bucks, I gave him a extra fin, you get an easy to install lowering kit that makes your car look like a million dollars, or a hell lot better.

Hey There's My Hood ! Very nice pics, awesome ride man. :yourock:
$40 !?!?!? Are you telling me it's $40, i want this now, is it always lowered or only at times? Do you have control over it? How about UP?

I have a 1997 markVIII how much green($) and were do i seand the check?

Tired of seeing cobra R hoods on all these Gen 1's!!! I want one, darn it!

Nice work Ray...pics like those make me miss my air ride...I love the ride quality, but there's nothin like "layin frame".

BlackIceLSC said:
Tired of seeing cobra R hoods on all these Gen 1's!!! I want one, darn it!

Nice work Ray...pics like those make me miss my air ride...I love the ride quality, but there's nothin like "layin frame".

Well.....just take the air ride off of the parts car you have and put it back on your car. Then purchase my kit.....hahahahahaha!!!!

Oh...those hoods....yeah, they are sweet.....hope my lil plan will work. :D
:Beer

Dominus said:
Maybe I'm not understanding what exactly this kit is supposed to do, but what exactly is the purpose of this?

Basically what my kit does is give you a 'parking lot' stance to die for. It completely lowers your car by way of releasing the air from the airsprings (airbags) that are under the car allowing it to sit on the ground.

Then, when you are done flossin, you start your car back up.....wait about 40 or so seconds (depending on how good your compressor is) and the car is back up to the normal driving height your car is at (again, depending on if you have the car set at the factory ride height, or if you have the car solenoid lowered).

I have placed some pix on here to show you the difference between stock ride height, solenoid ride height, and switch lowered. The first pic is factory height, the second is sensor lowered, and the last is the pic of the car with my kit on it, and activated.

Also, my recent upgrade to my kit allows you to not have to restart your car to get it up off of the ground. The only thing is is you have to be going lower than 30MPH for it to work, because the factory air ride computer will not adjust the ride height until you are lower than 30.

Hope this helps a bit.....if you have any more questions you can inbox me here, or email me at wykdmk8@hotmail.com

beforesensor.jpg

aftersensor.jpg

barneylow.jpg

Alright I want this kit also Do you make it for 1997 lincoln towncars.
And Does it have like a switch to turn it off or does it happen eveytime you turn off the car

hey is this kit available still, send me a pm on how to purchase one, i have paypal also. thanks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back