An LS owner no more

mkc

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many are still original owners, but yesterday I joined the "sold my LS" club. It's been almost 19 years since I bought it, and it departed the driveway one last time yesterday evening. Princess LS looked as good as the day I bought her.

It feels weird, but not really sad. We only put 7K miles on it in the last 4 years, and less than 1K this past year.

I kept the original window sticker for sentimental value.

20210616_134808.jpg

20210616_135112.jpg

Just last week I bought a 1985 Mustang GT from the original owner & he didn't seem too conflicted or sad about it either, which surprised me. It had been years since he had registered it & only drove it occasionally to keep it in running condition. I think he had just had it for so long without enjoying it regularly that he had already moved on prior to actually taking the step to sell it.

Dang your dash looks immaculate, mine's all scratched and crappy looking but I've got twice as many miles on it, lol

That's one clean LS! Nice to see one that lasted so well too.

Dang your dash looks immaculate, mine's all scratched and crappy looking but I've got twice as many miles on it, lol

That's one clean LS! Nice to see one that lasted so well too.

Thank you - yes, it really did look almost as good as the day I bought it.

What I found notable was how well the styling held up, compared to other cars of that era. If you didn't know, you wouldn't think it was from 2 decades ago. Such great lines and presence.

I have more photos, but didn't want to flood the board...

What I found notable was how well the styling held up, compared to other cars of that era. If you didn't know, you wouldn't think it was from 2 decades ago. Such great lines and presence.

Yeah... the style is timeless... but not "dated".

Kina like a Beemer, Altima, and Mustang "mated". ;)

Great looking car. I understand where your coming from though. Hope it went to a good home.

I don't think I can let my Conti, go. I've had it since '01, 20 yrs. It's staying with me.

that car is barely used, had mine for 20 years now, 238k miles. still my daily driver. that old 6 cyl runs like new.

Members online

No members online now.
Back