American Muscle Is Back!

95Marklll(Kingcobra)

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
When Ford first introduced the retro styled mustang concept I about had a heart attack. Since then theres been talk about the return of the camaro. Also chrysler would have a 2 door in this category, I thought it would be some kind of mercedes with chrysler badges like the crossfire, I was wrong. To my amazement chrysler made a very nice cocept car of the challenger, check out the site below and tell me If thats not a 70 challenger. Oh yeah check out the long weighted return of the camaro and the shelby mustang gt500 conv. Im glad to see the hp and trq numbers these cars are posting pretty impressive. Tell me what ya think....

http://www.caranddriver.com/

I was watching CNN the other day and the pretty face anchor and the pretty boy reporter were talking about the Detroit Auto Show. After talking about the average Joe cars and then oooing but the exotics, the reporter mentioned that Chevy and Dodge were showing their concepts of the old muscle cars the Camaro and the Challenger. The anchor said who would want cars like that looks like they are on the wrong track. The reporter said about the same, and that these car were for Kids to buy.

Then the reporter said that it was because of the success of the Ford Mustang. The anchor didn't look very enthused.

Well I guess she is one of those Camary types...

Those 2 reporters are on crack and have polls up there asses. lol. Those reporters look at the mercedes or jags and think those are what america wants. Think fuel economy and economical efficiencys are what people want. Then again those reporters prob make over 200k atleast a yr with full benefits, there opinions dont matter, look at the sales the mustang has made and y would chevy and dodge make something in the same category if it wouldent bring more money in there pockets and be a big success,lol. Thanks for posting....
oh yeah love the color of the mark same as mine.

Ah maybe the working class (Middle Class back bone of American Society and ecconomy) would like a little muscle to go along with their own muscle built from Hard work sweat and blood.

...a muscle car battle- just intime for the next gas crunch.

Too bad these auto execs didn't have the damn sense to do this about eight years ago, when we had $1.25 gas. But, that's why just another reason they are in the red, or being bought out by foreign companies.

Look forward to the Toyota Camaro in the future.

Yeah the Challenger is a go, and if it makes production Chevy will have to make the Camaro, which is why the rush is on for it's completion as a working concept. Thank god Detroit is spending time convincing itself to make what people want now instead of trying to convince people to want what they make.

But how much nicer would it have been if Detroit were making these cars in 2000, during the ricer "fast and the furious" craze, with $1.25 gas?

Gas prices are going to go up again soon. These cars are going to hit the market too late.

Calabrio said:
But how much nicer would it have been if Detroit were making these cars in 2000, during the ricer "fast and the furious" craze, with $1.25 gas?

Gas prices are going to go up again soon. These cars are going to hit the market too late.

Oh man that would've been nice, I'll settle for this now though. I agree as I said back then they tried to convince people to want what they made. Back when Cadillac was nothing more than stretched econo car chassis that GM tried to tell everyone was as good as a Benz or BMW. You can tell people that over and over until you're blue in the face but it doesn't sell cars or make it true.

Members online

Back