Alpine Stereo???

LSV84U2NV

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a 01 v8 sport package with the in dash 6 disc i was reading on here about the speakers how there are 4 door speakers 2 console and 2 rear with the amp in the trunk
well i went and looked in my trunk today to find no amp and no rear speakers is this supposed to be right
so basically i want to upgrade my speakers with aftermarket would it sound okay if i put new speakers in the rear deck coming off the rear doors all i want is new speakers no subs or that stuff, just a little clearer factory sound anybody have this setup ??
and if so how does it sound (NO SUBS)
thanks

i have the same problem. but i'ma add 6x9s in my rear shelf, 1 12" alpine type r, and an amp (still looking for a good 1). mines not going to be for show or beating down the block just to have a little more bump for me inside. check the other thread about runing subs and an amp with factory the hu.

BigBoiLS said:
i have the same problem. but i'ma add 6x9s in my rear shelf, 1 12" alpine type r, and an amp (still looking for a good 1). mines not going to be for show or beating down the block just to have a little more bump for me inside. check the other thread about runing subs and an amp with factory the hu.

Have 6x9's improved that much from the 80's and 90's? Way back when they were considered the cheapest way to upgrade. We always went with separate mids, tweets and woofers. Does anyone even use the term "woofer" anymore or just subs? Im so out of it nowadays. :Bang

LSV84U2NV said:
hey guys i have a 01 v8 sport package with the in dash 6 disc i was reading on here about the speakers how there are 4 door speakers 2 console and 2 rear with the amp in the trunk
well i went and looked in my trunk today to find no amp and no rear speakers is this supposed to be right
so basically i want to upgrade my speakers with aftermarket would it sound okay if i put new speakers in the rear deck coming off the rear doors all i want is new speakers no subs or that stuff, just a little clearer factory sound anybody have this setup ??
and if so how does it sound (NO SUBS)
thanks

A period (as in .) is your friend!! Sorry.. couldnt resist :invasion:

The 01V8 Sport did not have the rear deck subs in the back. I was told that this was not an option for the sport package. There is a harness in the trunk for it, but many of the wires are not connected or do not provide adequate voltage for an after-market amp. Easiest thing to do is run new wires to the trunk right down the middle of the car under the center console then under carpet then under the back seats.

Yeah...if you have the Audiophile option then you should have subs in the rear that you can see if you remove the cover on the "roof" of the trunk. But hey, if they ain't there, they ain't there. As far as upgrading...the Alpine system that came with the Audiophile package is pretty top of the line clear IMHO. It blows my Infinity system in my GMC out of the water as far as clarity goes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back