All this confusion...I just want an all chrome grille!!! Please help...

rzawora

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Lincoln LS Sport edition. I just got it not too long ago...it's neat because of all the LS's I see, I rarely see one my color. I think one of the best things I can do for the front end appearance is change the grille to an all chrome model. I thought it would be simple, but now I see all these different options for purchase, then I see the several threads on here about what you need and how to... I'm confused now. I don't like the Trenz style because of the 'angle'. I saw the $25 eBay option and was skeptical about how it would really look, other then in the seller's pics. Then I searched further and found this thread on chrome grilles. Further down in the thread I linked is someone who shows a pic of their stock grille covered with the eBay option and it looks okay. My problem is this...looking at the picture below of my car... yesterday I saw an LS, which I think is a 2003 or newer then mine which the grille was chrome all the way around on the outer edge and still black in the middle. When I looked again in the other thread at the guy who did the eBay option I noticed his was also this way. My grille is not, it's black plastic all the way around. So, in other words, if I used the eBay option, and it looked okay in the center pieces, I would still have the black plastic outer surround, not chromed? No good...
I saw an E&G Classic "Z" Grille on US Speed which looks like what I want. However, it says it requires drilling, and I don't think it should. Also, I would like to see more pics before deciding. I'm open for options, suggestions, product offers, whatever anyone has for advice to getting to the ultimate goal of having an all chrome grille. I'm trying to do this obviously at the lowest cost, but without sacrificing looks. I could care less if it's just plastic covered up with chrome as long as it looked good. Also, regarding my statement above, my thoughts is that there should be an all chrome grille somewhere that represents the stock grille, or is the stock grille and will mount the same as the original. I could be completely wrong, and that's fine, I'm trusting you all to tell me.

front1.JPG

if you want it to look as stock as possible then you need to follow the directions Ken gives you on the link you just posted... and they only way to do it is to find an 03 and up LS grill with the chrome all the way around that comes apart in 2 pieces, thats the hard part because a slight few come apart... lucky for me i found one on ebay and got it to make my all chrome grill... maybe lucky for you too because there is one on ebay right now but im not sure if it comes apart, write to the seller and find out, heres the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ryZ33645QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now this will not be the most cheapest way to make the all chrome grill, but in my opinion it looks the best and most stock look that you claim to be looking for... if that grill is a 2 piecer and you end up getting it, you then need to buy the one off Kens site, the 2004 LSE grill... http://www.lskoncepts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=LG-001

after you have both grills you can then follow Kens Tech Article on the link you posted, and you have your all chrome grill...

now for the price... i bought the one on Kens site for the 110 dollars, ended up gettin the grill off ebay for about 80-90 bucks so thats about 200 dollars (not too bad) but it all depends on how much you can get it on ebay... then the epoxy you need is another like 5 or 6 bucks... and you are all set...

any more questions? just post them up and im sure somebody will answer them... Ken is the expert on all this, i am just a follower lol... so hit him up if you need anything, or me, i would be glad to help

Same cost...

LennDawg thanks for responding so quickly. That is what I was thinking as far as needing to do the tutorial. The cost is about the same provided the grille on ebay is bought at the right price and the conversion is successful. I was going to email the seller, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take that one on yet, plus it's already scratched or scuffed (the picture isn't very detailed). I trust myself with anything that bolts on and off, but beyond that, on my car, with that kind of money I just don't trust myself. Does anyone have the other E&G grille I put a link to earlier? Any pics? I'm going to look for the mfg's site now...thanks...

Members online

No members online now.
Back