Alarm Outputs

MikeB

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted this question in an earlier thread but it kind of got lost in the other crap I was spewing.

:feedback

I just finished a Compustar alarm install on my LS with start and windows. :wrench
Anyone have any ideas for how I can use the other six alarm outputs.

Trunk is always good. Approach lighting, turn on low beams as well as interior(don't know if it can be done). Six is a lot of outputs.

Are the windows up and down, or just down?

If you want to be really creative, shave the door handles and use an output or 2 to pop each of the front doors.

It has seven outputs not including start and trunk pop.
The dome light works with dissarm and I do electronics not body work.

I used one for window down and window up is when I arm the alarm. The sun roof moves with the windows.
I thought about headlights and that will probably be one of the six.

I'm just looking for some thing new.

Thanks for the input.

this is exaclty why i didnt do the channel expander on my compustar. I have window up/down as well, but i used the option programmer to set the latch time (10 seconds) for window up and down.

If you dont have any accesoirs on your car that you would like to trigger, (neon, air suspension, ect.) then getting the expander was pointless.

One handy feature is to get an actuator, and attatch it to your hood release so you can pop the hood with your remote. Or, do a linear actuator on the trunk, and have auto open/close.

MikeB said:
It has seven outputs not including start and trunk pop.
The dome light works with dissarm and I do electronics not body work.

I used one for window down and window up is when I arm the alarm. The sun roof moves with the windows.
I thought about headlights and that will probably be one of the six.

I'm just looking for some thing new.

Thanks for the input.

Set one for the seat heaters for winter time.

The channel expander cost me $20 so why not.

I like the idea of turning the heated seats and posibly the defrost on.

Someone also mentioned a latched one for the radio.

Any more ideas?

how about the fuel access door. Say you pull up to the pump but it is a pre-pay I do not like to leave windows, doors or my fuel access door open. So I have to go back to the drivers side and pop it open or pop the trunk and pull the lanyard. I hate opening the tunk and using the lanyard becasue it gives the impression that the button inside doesn't work but on occasion I do it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back