Ac1314...

Jake Deville

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

A/C doesn't work in my Caddy and got the following code from diagnostic system. AC1314 "Evaporate Inlet Temperature Sensor Open Circuit". Is the reason for my A/C problem that particular sensor or is it just a hint from other problem ? If it's the sensor, where can I find it and can I replace it by myself (home mechanic :) ) ?
Thanks!

- Jake

It's 1996 model. When I made shortcut in the A/C relay the compressor start to working and A/C also blow gold air so I think overall it's okay but it just forced to off.

- jake

Ok, the sensor that code refers to is the evaporator inlet temp. sensor also known as the A/C high side temp. sensor. It is located at the firewall just above and to the right of the heater blower motor in the A/C line which runs across the back of the engine compartment. The freon will have to be evacuated before the sensor can be changed so i'd suggest letting a shop that does A/C work handle this one.

I found the following fault codes from internet which imply that there are two different sensor at the high side or what is difference between these codes ?
B1312 - High Side Temp Sensor Open Circuit
B1314 - Evaporator Inlet Temp Sensor Open Circuit

- Jake

One is the high side (Your code)

The other is the low side (to stop the E-coil from freezing?)

Members online

Back