Ac/heater question

Omegaman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Been reading about blend doors and am a bit confused as I have that dreaded clicking noise from the middle dash area! When I looked at the problem I removed the lower part of the dash below the ac module where the cup holders reside. This is a six Passenger 1996 Conti......under there I saw a small arm that pulled up on a lever and it was making the clicking noise. I only see three screws holding it in place and I removed the metal piece that was over the arm and lever. If I push up on the arm it will move to the position required for air to change. I put the lower half of the dash back together and will still click until I put the blower on high at which time it will quit till I change the temp setting. It clicks again and I repeat with blower on high for a couple of seconds and it quits again. Question is are the three screws holding the deck of cards sized apparatus the only thing to remove AND is this the blend door actuator?
have been investigating and its the actuator and teeth were stripped off by the worm gear inside

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back