A great place to buy your air susp. parts.

J Ashley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having the air susp system in my '91 TC replaced. I was able to purchase 2 new air springs, soleniods, and a compressor online from www.americanairsuspension.com and save a ton of money. There are parts for any of you Ford air susp needs. The owner is very professional and stands behind his product.

:steering

I have heard nothing but good things about eddie and his products...

I would not recommend Strutmasters under any circumstances.

BUT - OEM bags can be had reletively cheaply from Max at 5 star ford or Ford Parts Network....... They are a lil more then eddie, but IMO why not go with new OEM.

Supposedly the air suspension remains active for an hour after turning the car off. But I have heard and seen mine turn on and add some air several hours, like 3-as many as 8 or so hours after the car was turned off. And was not touched . Could this be a leak or some type of sensor problem? I don't want to eventually replace the springs if it is just a bad height sensor or something.

mmm I've heard good things over the lst couple of months about bagmasterair. When I get out of my car, the air bags deflate after about an hour or so, so I know I have a leak somewhere... I want to replace the bags but am a little intimidated about doing it... Also thinking about putting in some limo airbags... Does anyone know where I can get a set besides e-bay?

Well they want $300 for a front strut for a mark VIII and Ford Parts Network Charges $210 I think for a new OEM strut. Looks like bagmasterair is too expensive..

Pepsi2185 said:
what about www.bagmasterair.com

ive heard of them, but i havent worked near air suspension in a while.

purelux said:
Supposedly the air suspension remains active for an hour after turning the car off. But I have heard and seen mine turn on and add some air several hours, like 3-as many as 8 or so hours after the car was turned off. And was not touched . Could this be a leak or some type of sensor problem? I don't want to eventually replace the springs if it is just a bad height sensor or something.

Sounds like a module problem.

purelux said:
Any idea which it could be nad if so where it would be located?

The system is operational when the ignition is in the run position and for a limited one hour period after the car is shut off. Your control module is located in the trunk. I'm assuming the module thinks that your ignition is in run when it is not.

There could also be a problem with your ignition maybe-but im sure youd notice if your ignition wasnt all the way off.

Purelux,
Is your compressor running alot? Even if the module thinks the car is on it shouldn't run alot. Especially when it is setting still.

You mentioned you may want to replace your air springs(bags) in the future. If you want to test for a leak follow these instructions:
-Shut off the air susp. system via the switch located in your trunk.
-Drive the car on you daily routine.
If there is a significant drop in the rear of the car there is a leak.

Replacing the air springs will not solve your problem concerning the system remaining active longer than it should however.

Ignoring a problem and allowing the compressor to run too much will eventually damage your compressor. I did it once and it sucks. :Bang

Hope this helps. :D

No it doesn't seem to run alot just when I turn the car on. My radio turns off after around 15 minuts like its supposed to so I don't think it's the ignition. One thing I was wondering though is yesterday I happened to be sitting my the rear tire of the car when it turned on by itself. The right side seemed to raise up a very small amount the left didn't seem to move hardly if at all, right before the compressor kicked off. But I know the system doesn't individually fill the springs so would that mean the right is probably leaking?

J Ashley said:
Purelux,
Is your compressor running alot? Even if the module thinks the car is on it shouldn't run alot. Especially when it is setting still.

You mentioned you may want to replace your air springs(bags) in the future. If you want to test for a leak follow these instructions:
-Shut off the air susp. system via the switch located in your trunk.
-Drive the car on you daily routine.
If there is a significant drop in the rear of the car there is a leak.

Replacing the air springs will not solve your problem concerning the system remaining active longer than it should however.

Ignoring a problem and allowing the compressor to run too much will eventually damage your compressor. I did it once and it sucks. :Bang

Hope this helps. :D

If you have one side sitting higher than the other in the rear you could either have a bad air sping or perhaps a bad solenoid on that side.

Is the solenoid on the air spring or is it seperate. It sits level I just meant the one time I happened to be behind the car when it kicked on it seemed to only rasie up on the right and only right before the compressor turned back off.

J Ashley said:
If you have one side sitting higher than the other in the rear you could either have a bad air sping or perhaps a bad solenoid on that side.

The solenoid attaches to the top of the air spring. If the spring on that side is infalting correctly though the solenoid is probly not the issue but rather the spring itself.

I will not sit here and "plug" another suspension company on this thread. But if anyone is considering a coil conversion on their air suspension equipped vehicle, you may contact me for recommendations. I will be glad to be of assistance.

But bar none-Eddie at American Air suspension is one of the industry pioneers, and is a great asset to this, and other Lincoln communities. Not to mention the fact that he is a solo operation, and stands behind his products/work alot more steadfast than any "dealer or parts network"

boing...boing...boing...

Well if any of you talk to eddie regularily, let him know hes welcome to come over. his repuatation is such that I would not have a problem placing his links on our links page and having him sponsor a forum.

Joeychgo said:
Well if any of you talk to eddie regularily, let him know hes welcome to come over. his repuatation is such that I would not have a problem placing his links on our links page and having him sponsor a forum.

Already did that when I made the purchase for the new "low rider" struts.

Members online

Back