a 1977

raider50

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy, im about to buy a 1977 town car, i will be honast and tell you all that i know basicly nothing about cars. I have always been around trucks but this car is a steal and plus i love fords. It is in fairly good to great condition, but there are a few things that it could use and ive been lookin and havnt been able to find any parts for the old cars. I am looking for all apperance parts because that tank has been every well taken car of, and is in excelent mechanical condition. So if you all could try and point me in the right direction that would be great thanks. Ohh i almost forgot, what transmistion would it have? would it have a c6 or somthing? thanks once again

hi...wow no body has replied to this!! I have a 1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car. I don't think of my car as a 'tank' but rather an aircraft carrier therefore I have nicknamed my car 'The Ronald Reagan' after the carrier and the former President. Welcome to the world of real cars. Yup new cars have mega plastic and may also be ULEV emission cars and possiblt get 30+ mpg but nothing beats the feel of driving some serious Detroit American Iron. Huge black car commands respect and envious looks and comments where ever it goes Model year 1977 Town Cars came approx. 82% with a 460 the rest came with a 400-2bbl V-8. Whatever color combo or engine - the cars are a blast to cruise down the hiway or go for a leisurely country drive. For parts go to Google and type in your year and model and follow the links. Ebay can be spendy but often has what you may need. Good luck. Scott
SSmith440@hotmail.com

PC090331 (Small).JPG

P3140099 (Small).JPG

P2160286 (Small).JPG

Lol. I called my 79 Continental the Air Craft Carrier too. Yea idk if you are still with the forums Raider, but Ebay is usually a good bet to find parts.

You will love it! They are like driving a cloud with closet space.

I had a '78 TC and I loved it. I think I still have an NOS Cartier Clock for it somewhere.

It was silver with silver cloth interior (rare for a TC). Even had a built in CB radio! 460 CID _ hated that 2 stage carb. must have rebuilt that thing a dozen times - oh and if the power steering pump goes so does the brakes - strange hydro system that linked the two together. Had to redo the engine at 300K+ miles. Good luck on trim parts they are hard to come by - try http://www.lincolnlandinc.com/ they used to have some.

You wiil love it but soon realize that the car is 40 years old and finding parts is hard.

Also, IIRC those are the awesome, 7.6L 460CI's.

Enjoy or 6 mpg sir. 12 tuned up. lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back