99 Sts

99sts

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking for some help. I am looking at a 99 STS. It is a one owner car with 48000 miles. This car is very well cared for but I have done a little research and some people have problems with these cars. I am not sure what to do. I really would like to own this car and think it is a good buy but want to get some advice from the pros. Thanks for your time!

Nolan

How much is the car. Whats the history etc? All cars have problems. Its just a matter of what you like to work on?

I have a 98 Seville STS just about to roll 160k. I've never had a major repair done to it. Just minor maintenance. It's just now at the point where if I put about $3-4000 into it, I could get another 40-50k out of it.

It definentely a horse. Never let me down once. I only wish the new STS were as good as these but I really don't think they compare.

the new ones are 10 times better IMO. The motors are much more advanced and so far prove to hold up better than the northstar.

I'd take a 32v Northstar V8 over the 3.6L DI's. The Northstar should still be offered as an option. The days of putting a powerful V8 in a luxo-barge are over and because too many people cant afford them, they ruin it for the ones who can and still want them.

the northstar sucks ass lol then again i worked in a caddy dealership for 4 years and saw all the problems but i guess it can be said that not ALL northstars had problems but it sure seems like it. We ALWAYS had work and it was ALWAYS headgaskets and coolant system work when it came to engine work. Piston rings was a close second and engine reseals are next.

sucks so bad it had numerous variants and was used for 15 years and counting...

what dealership did you work at? a good friend of mine works at desimone

Members online

No members online now.
Back