'98 Seville Starting problem

SomeCarGUy

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm not around my sister to look at this car. She has gotten the run around at a few different shops. One place I sent her to back home that I know is a good shop couldn't get it to have the problem so they didn't really get to try and fix it.
If anybody has any insight on this it would sure help, thanks.

This is what she sent me-

My car is a 1998 Cadillac Seville. The battery problem goes like this: I turn the key and hear a click like something is trying to spark, but nothing happens. The battery is okay because the radio & A/C will come on. Sometimes I can try again right away and it will start, and other times I have to try 5-7 times. I would say this happens on average 1 time per week, but I may go two weeks without a problem or have it have several times in one day or a couple of days in a row.

one of my cadillacs did the same thing im 99.9 % sure its your ignition modual its cost to replace is 105 to 126.00 dollars depends on your vin number if a deller does the repairs 480 to 500.00 to fix that includes finding problem parts and labor as far as i can tell your car has 3 to 5 months before it really gets bad like shutting down while driving at 65mph etc.but this is definately the problem if you need help on install ill walk you through it.i put mine in myself about 4-5 hrs

Members online

No members online now.
Back