98 LSC Stolen

IvoryLSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
Long story short, 98 LSC was stolen at my place of employment. Car was running (I know I know, dummy!) but anyway I was able to get the car back. I now have a few issues, he cut the harness off of my rear view mirror, he must have thought I had a tracker device or something. I have no other reason on why he would cut it out. I have no message center now, no stereo, and the buttons below the center don’t work like the OD off light doesn’t illuminate , the anti theft light still blinks and the seat belt light and the check engine. But any light related to the message center does not illuminate now. Is this harness my problem? That’s the only thing that’s damaged. So what else could cause these features not to work?

He may have blown some fuses when he cut the wires?

Before you attempt any repairs, find this scumbag and cut off his god damn hands! Any thief, does not deserve to live, especially when it comes to car thieves, just my opinion. I apologize I have no helpful information, but this sticks in my craw!

Before you attempt any repairs, find this scumbag and cut off his god damn hands! Any thief, does not deserve to live, especially when it comes to car thieves, just my opinion. I apologize I have no helpful information, but this sticks in my craw!
I agree! I never got a chance to get my hands on him. The police caught him just before I did. He’s lucky. And me too for that matter because I would be in jail for attempted murder. But it did end up just being fuses on the radio and message center. My compass no longer works but I can live with that. Got the car back yesterday from mechanic. $1,020. Fuel pump, sway bar links, alignment, exhaust tips and straightening exhaust, fuses, oil change and full inspection. So I lucked out to get it back and only get a $1,000 bill. I’m fortunate

I totally agree, the last place you need to be is in jail. Hopefully this thief will stay in jail for quite some time! Glad you were able to get your Mark VIII back. It sucks that you lost your compass, I feel your anger and heartbreak. Keep up with your Mark VIII repairs, these cars are going up in value. Tony Tusk

I am very ticked off too that this happened to your Mark VIII. I've seen it in your photos you've posted. I Hope that moron stays in jail forever.

I had researched a new harness for your Mark VIII for the rear view mirror, this is all I could come up with. Make sure it is compatible and correct based on my searches for you.

Here is a harness: Interior Rear View Mirror Connector Standard S-1848 | eBay

An NOS 1997-1998 Mark VIII rear view mirror: New Old Stock OEM Mark VIII Interior Rear View Mirror w/Autodim F8LY-17700-AA | eBay

Another: Crown Victoria Grand Marquis Mark VIII Town Car Continental Rear View Mirror | eBay

Entire Ebay rear view mirror search: 1998 lincoln mark viii rear view mirror | eBay

Just wanted to help make sure you get the parts you need. I do enjoy helping LVC members out when I can. Hope this helps you!

I am very ticked off too that this happened to your Mark VIII. I've seen it in your photos you've posted. I Hope that moron stays in jail forever.

I had researched a new harness for your Mark VIII for the rear view mirror, this is all I could come up with. Make sure it is compatible and correct based on my searches for you.

Here is a harness: Interior Rear View Mirror Connector Standard S-1848 | eBay

An NOS 1997-1998 Mark VIII rear view mirror: New Old Stock OEM Mark VIII Interior Rear View Mirror w/Autodim F8LY-17700-AA | eBay

Another: Crown Victoria Grand Marquis Mark VIII Town Car Continental Rear View Mirror | eBay

Entire Ebay rear view mirror search: 1998 lincoln mark viii rear view mirror | eBay

Just wanted to help make sure you get the parts you need. I do enjoy helping LVC members out when I can. Hope this helps you!
Thank you. I did end up finding the harness on EBay. Everything works now except for the compass. Is it annoying? Yeah. But I can live without it since I got everything else working. I don’t really need the compass but it was a nice touch on the display screen. So now i just leave the gas mileage on display. I’m fortunate. Could have been worse. I’m counting my blessings my car is home

LVC members are incredible! It is so cool that "Svets96" took the time and research to help you! I am so damn happy that you have your Lincoln back in your possession. Send this scumbag thief down to Florida, I will leave him in the swamp, tied to a Cypress tree, and let the gator's do the rest!! Best of luck my Lincoln brother!

Here I thought mine was the only Ivory 98 LSC in Omaha. Nice to know there's another.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the theft but glad they didn't do any more damage than they did. Could have been a lot worse I suppose.

Here I thought mine was the only Ivory 98 LSC in Omaha. Nice to know there's another.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the theft but glad they didn't do any more damage than they did. Could have been a lot worse I suppose.
Most definitely. Post some pics of your car! Not many Marks in Omaha period. I have a T Red 98 as well for a daily

Members online

No members online now.
Back