95 mark 8 transmission and headlamp yellow

abbranch

LVC Member
Reaction score
why does the transmission get stuck between shifting 1 to 2 also has anyone found an alternative to the yellow headlamp problem besides buying new headlamps

the transmisson is most likely the 1-2 accumulator spring, and the only fix to the head lights is h.i.d. from a 96 lsc

call max on the side for the spring and piston that has to be replaced it real easy and you can do the j mod and a flush at the same time, as far as the head lights wet sand with 2000 grit and buff out with a power buffer and put some thing on there to protect it for a while from UV rays . you will have to do this every 2-3 months to keep it some what nice, as far as getting HID call max again but they are $600 a side and you get the bulbs lenz and every thing else that you need, just really exspensive. also if your going into the tranny put a boumann shift kit in, i heard it was the best im just running a trans go its cool.

You can do the insides if you want. What you have to do is put the headlight assembly in an oven that is cold and ramp it up to 400 deg. Once it hits 400, or about 5 minutes, remove the headlamp assembly and pull it apart. Be very careful when pulling apart so as not to break either the lense, or the housing itself. I have done this several times.

Once you have buffed out the inside, and removed the most likely burnt reflector, you can put them back together. What I did was use the black windshield glue to hold them together. Not only will it glue them, but will make them waterproof as well.
:Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
You can do the insides if you want. What you have to do is put the headlight assembly in an oven that is cold and ramp it up to 400 deg. Once it hits 400, or about 5 minutes, remove the headlamp assembly and pull it apart. Be very careful when pulling apart so as not to break either the lense, or the housing itself. I have done this several times.

Once you have buffed out the inside, and removed the most likely burnt reflector, you can put them back together. What I did was use the black windshield glue to hold them together. Not only will it glue them, but will make them waterproof as well.

that wont melt it?

Markviiiedrea said:
that wont melt it?

It will get a bit soft, but if you leave it in TOO long it will. I have done it several times and have never had a problem. If you want, you can send me a set and I can send you the set....after I find it...that I have already opened up. :Beer

i might take you up on that, i'll trade mine like a core?,so down time is nothing, you should start :Beer a buisness.

viiiball said:
i might take you up on that, i'll trade mine like a core?,so down time is nothing, you should start :Beer a buisness.

All I did was open them up, I did not do anything else with them. One suggestion is to purchase a crappy set off of ebay and you can experiment with.

I found the ones that I mentioned, and I have one of them cut up for the customization I was planning on. Sorry, but I do not have a full set. They are both opened, but I have one cut up a bit....would not be useful for anyone. Sorry about that.

But, if you have a crappy set you can send them to me, and I can open them up and polish the lenses and send them back to you......might even be able to do a few other things you would like as well.......just an idea.

Members online

No members online now.
Back