95 Eldorado starting problem

goodboy2003

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 1995 Eldorado ETC with a little over 116 000 miles last night the car did not want to start. I was gonna go to gym and it was trying and trying.... after couple of seconds it was almost ready catch up rpm but stoped. Sounds like starter and battery works well but also sounds like it is out of gas but I have planty. Could it be a fuel pump? what else could it be? I drove it a day before and everything was perfect. some one has any Ideas? anything would be appreciated.

It sounds like the fuel pump may have quit. When you turn the ignition key without cranking the car listen and try to hear the fuel pump. Also, there is a Shrader valve in the fuel line where you can check to see if there is fuel in the line and proper pressure. How about the fuel filter...could it be clogged?

Start with the basics! Fuel, air, compression (timing). Will the car run when you spray starting fliud in the intake or do you smell/see gas? Is the fuel pump fuse blown? Does it have spark at the plug? Those 2 are easy, do them first before checking cam timing and compression. Let us know what you find!

Allright, I figured what was the problem (the next morning). After I opened the hood I almost peed in my pants... there was a squirell's nest right on top of the engine above the engine cover. when I tried to clean the grass out I found that most of the wires are chewed throu. Of course the car got towed the same day. The bill was $500 (a few bucks over). That is with the towind and ACDelco plug wires. Ofcourse there was a bunch of other wires and stuff. Now I cleaned the engine and put moth balls around to make unatractive smell.
Thank your all for your replies. Cheers

Rats are bad about that, even the ones that live in trees! Better check the heater core case just to be sure it didn't make a nest in there!

Members online

Back