6 disc cd changer 1998 Lincoln Town Car

new owner

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 98 Town Car with a 6 disc cd changer mounted in the trunk. When I push CD on the radio I get the message "No Remote CD". Does this mean that the system doesn't recognize that a cd changer is installed or simply that there is no cd in the changer? Anyway when you press the eject button on the changer you can hear a motor start but the cartridge doesn't eject. Is the thing jammed. I'm afraid to pry on it and cause further damage before I find out that I'm just not smart enough to operate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
new owner said:
I just purchased a 98 Town Car with a 6 disc cd changer mounted in the trunk. When I push CD on the radio I get the message "No Remote CD". Does this mean that the system doesn't recognize that a cd changer is installed or simply that there is no cd in the changer? Anyway when you press the eject button on the changer you can hear a motor start but the cartridge doesn't eject. Is the thing jammed. I'm afraid to pry on it and cause further damage before I find out that I'm just not smart enough to operate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same thing happen to my 95's 10 disc changer. Press eject and the cartridge doesn't come out.

I did pull out my cartridge. Put cd's in it and tried it out still same responce (Head Unit not reading the CD changer).

I have a Kenwood in dash cd player that I put in and has the capablitiy of reading CD changers. It also cannot read the changer. I am assuming it is the changer.

I'm looking for a nother changer!

look for a small pinhole reset near the eject button. Its really small almost smaller than the end of a paperclip. Press that, see if it resets the changer. Probably not gonna help but once in a hwile it makes my life easier.

Members online

No members online now.
Back