5.0L Camshaft

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im doing a little searching around and im thinking thats the way I will be going with my Cobra intake. I seen on some show that they instal a cam with stock heads. Which seems to work great.

I was thinking of taking my my heads and getting them rebuilt and ported to my specs. So, they will operate better with my 1 5/8" headers and Cobra manifold.

I thought I would run it by you guys. Just so I can get some comments. Keep in mind. I feel like I have a good power source. Its not totally fast. But its fast enough for me. After this and a five speed. The only thing I would like to do is add some boost. This is my street first and race second M7.

Main Question, what Cam would be best for me. . . (product # or specs)

No, boy.

Speed density works off of engine vacuum via the MAP sensor, and relies on the cam grind to provide certain vacuum levels so the ECM knows when to spray fuel.

MAF uses sampling tube and barometric sensor to determine the amount of air entering the engine. ECM uses this info to figure out how much fuel to spray.

A different cam will change your engine vacuum characteristics.

You either need to convert to mass air or get your computer reprogrammed for the specific cam grind you get.

There is a cam out there that can supposedly work with speed density, only thing, P2V clearance may be an issue. I believe Lunati makes it.

so you're saying :q:q:q:q a cam and slapping a bottle on your car?

Members online

No members online now.
Back