3rd Gen F-Bodies

Spidar6996

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about mid 80's Camero's or Firebirds? Lets see if we can get this section going as well. These are the cars I know best as well as other but I what can I say these are what I started with. :nos: :)

Spidar6996 said:
Anyone know about mid 80's Camero's or Firebirds? Lets see if we can get this section going as well. These are the cars I know best as well as other but I what can I say these are what I started with. :nos: :)

I've owned 2 2nd gens and 2 4th gen f-bodies, but no 3rd gens. I can chat all day about those, but I don't know much about the 3rd gens. I've never really gotten excited about them. Seemed to me that GM was always making compromises w/ those: No 5-sp w/ the 5.7L TPI, no 5-sp in a 'vert, no 5.7L in a 'vert, etc. Now one I would really LIKE to get my hands on is the '89 TTA. IMO, it was the best of the 3rd gens and best platform for the turbo 3.8L. I'd suffer in an auto coupe in that case. Although it still grinds me (in a good way) that, at the time, it was the fastest T/A ever built, and the ONLY one w/ less than 8 cylinders.

Yup. Had 2 3rd gens - an '88 Formula (LO3/700R-4/2.73) and an '86 Camaro Sport Coupe (LG4/T-5/3.73). :)

I have a friend that bought a silver 1982 Crossfire Trans Am with WS6 brand new, he still has it. That was a fine looking car, and went quite well by the standards of the day. Also the Formula with TPI 5.0 & 5 speed was one of the best affordable performance cars of the late 80s. More stylish than the boxy Mustang IMO. ;)

I've had my share of 3rd gen F-bodys...... 84 TA.... 85 TA.....87TA......91TA.... 86 camaro ( 6 banger).... 89 iroc.... and my favorite of all was the 87 Z-28 i had ( tune port injected 350 wit a 5 spd, 3.73 rear, and t-tops)....... you can hang a GM sideways till next week

Yup, I had a 1984 Camaro (2.8 2bbl V6) and a 1991 Trans Am GTA. God I loved that car, stupid snow drifts... :slam

All I've ever owned have been 3rd and 4th Gen F-Body cars, specifically all of them being Trans Am's.

84 Se Firebird (one exception)
91 GTA Trans Am
99 Trans Am
93 Black Trans Am (still own)
93 Purple Pearl Trans Am (still own)

I wouldn't have expected to see so many f-body owners on here. Great minds think alike huh???

If anyone's curious about my two Trans Am's, below is a link:
http://home.comcast.net/~fastbird

And yes, there will be a page dedicated to the newly purchased 00 LS8.

Members online

No members online now.
Back