2006 LS Halogen VOL Headlamp Aimed with POV pics

Robot

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally got up the energy to adjust my headlamps correctly. I hadn't touched them since I got the car. My GF was telling me the lights seemed bright on low beam and I was getting many flashes from oncoming vehicles.

There is only one aduster for elevation(vertical) per side. I measured some marks on a wall to get a reference. I tried to aim a bit lower because the split between high and low beams is a little more than it should be. I will take it to the FHP garage and confirm the settings.

These pics are from Driver's point of view. The high beam down the street is out of focus because the cam picked up more detail. I will have to take fresh ones later.

This is low beam on the wall.
View attachment 828454592

This is high beam on the wall.
View attachment 828454593

Low beam aimed down the street.
View attachment 828454594

High beam aimed down the street.
View attachment 828454595

Fog lamps only.
View attachment 828454596

my dealership had a standard height we adjusted all beams to. IIRC it was something like 2 feet up (knee height) from 10ft away....or something like that

my dealership had a standard height we adjusted all beams to. IIRC it was something like 2 feet up (knee height) from 10ft away....or something like that

It will be different for each type of car and depending on the heigth of the headlamp at the source. Reference must be made to the source of the beam.

naturally... but the LS info should be out there somewhere

I have looked everywhere but, the LS has Visual Optical Left and therefore can be aimed visually if a Beam Setter isn't available. I've always aimed my lights myself even if they are supposed to be done mechanically. A good lawn chair at 50ft works great for determining if glare is going to be an issue. Oops! Wrong pic.

Last night, I went out and found a yardstick and drove to a wall I use for adjustment. I had to raise them up quite a bit because the beams were hitting the ground much too early. That looks good in the city but, I was feeling the urge to use the highbeams on the more rural areas. We have lots of zombies that love to cross the street in the dark wearing dark clothing.

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

Last edited:
LMAO I swear I had a zombie dream last night!!! We all were infected, but then they (I) came up with a vaccine to reverse... but the vaccine gave everyone a different superpower... some buddies of mine had the ability to trick people into buying stuff. so they were trying to sell a rented tri-white 06 LS (a swear) I new they were turned so I sped away in my stolen limo....

resident evil was on last night, they may have had a little to do with it, anyway, you were saying....

Im having problems with mines when i buy that car i have to adjust all of them so when low beans and fog lights are on there perfect align BUT WHEN I PUT MY HIGH LAMPS THE ONE ON THE RIGHT IS PERFECT BUT THE ONE ON LEFT IS ALMOST ON THE SAME POSITION AS THE LOW BEAMS, WHICH I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY COULD THIS HAPPEN IF EVERYTHING IS ADJUST AT THE SAME TIME? ANY SUGGESTIONS

Im having problems with mines when i buy that car i have to adjust all of them so when low beans and fog lights are on there perfect align BUT WHEN I PUT MY HIGH LAMPS THE ONE ON THE RIGHT IS PERFECT BUT THE ONE ON LEFT IS ALMOST ON THE SAME POSITION AS THE LOW BEAMS, WHICH I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY COULD THIS HAPPEN IF EVERYTHING IS ADJUST AT THE SAME TIME? ANY SUGGESTIONS

I would check for some sort of damage to the housing or check to make sure the bulb is in securely. That could make a big difference.

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

Have you tried different walls to check it on?

Did you ever get your lights adjusted?

yeah thanks but is the same i think something is stuck inside my light because the lows are all fine align but my highs one is more higher than the other one im planning to install my angel eyes next week and that will help me when opening the headlamps thanks...

yeah thanks but is the same i think something is stuck inside my light because the lows are all fine align but my highs one is more higher than the other one im planning to install my angel eyes next week and that will help me when opening the headlamps thanks...

Maybe someone else can chime in here but, I am wondering if there might have been a revision of the design spec. Can you tell if the lights are the same rev. The only reason it can be different is if there is damage or if its of a slightly different design. I had a freightliner truck with a design flaw where the lows were just right but the highs would be suitable for flying squirrel hunting. They made a revision to fix it.

this Jiovanni12 character is getting annoying fast. How many times are you going to post the same weak video of your average LS?

Members online

Back