2005 Pontiac Vs Ls ??

jdsimons

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
oK this might sound dumb but i didn't get to finish the race down the highway thanks to my fiance chickening out ..lol.. but anyway i was wondering who would win. I was driving down the highway when i looked in my rear view mirror here comes a far looks like he is passing everyone like if they was in reverse. I was like no way i'm letting this guy pass me, so as he got closer to my car getting ready to pass i stomped on the gas and let it go as he was almost passing me i though i was going to catch up to him but.. you know how girls get when you go over a 110 mph..lol.. this car was easily going over 110 the whole way i'm wondering even though i hate pontiac and will never own one will these things beat an ls. it was a 2005 pontiac GTP i think, but it was haulin thats for sure. i was guessing that these things were governed probably at 120 so eventually i know i would have passed him if i kept on it but wasn't sure if i could easily pass him as fast as we was going.

Yeah here some info i found on yahoo, quite surpised but I am sure you could out run one any day.

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan Technical Specs

Standard Engine3.8L V6Standard Transmission4 Speed AutomaticCylinders6Horsepower @ RPM260@5200Torque @ RPM280@3600

-Scott-

What is with Pontiac any way, all thier cars look the same. I rode in a G6 last weekend and wasn't impressed. I used to own a Bonnivelle myself and I like it but they seem to be producing the same car with a differents name on them.

Hawk03 said:
What is with Pontiac any way, all thier cars look the same. I rode in a G6 last weekend and wasn't impressed. I used to own a Bonnivelle myself and I like it but they seem to be producing the same car with a differents name on them.

G6 is the mini of the Grand Prix is the mini of GTO, all look very similar but what do you expect its GM!? I must agree they really dont make anything I would even consider driving if I won it on Price is Right :ban ! Hawk I must say you are 100% correct once again.

-Scott-

I didn't know they offered a v8 now. I don't know much about the '05s, but the previous year GTPs are not slow. If I had to bet money, I would put it on the GTP. Instant torque thanks to a roots blower. If they have done any mods, you are in trouble for sure. A friend of mine had one and did some minor mods to it and it compared more to my Mustang than the LS in acceleration. He could probably run mid 13's with it.

Oh...and yes. They all look the same.

If that GTP was supercharged don't be surprised if he was running a "pulley".

They can get a lot more power out of those things with a different diameter pulley. Increases boost...

It's a front wheel drive POS and the quality sucks.
After owning GM products for the last 2 decades, I know.

Let's talk about a sports sedan that truly competes with the V8 LS.

hrlincoln said:
It's a front wheel drive POS and the quality sucks.
After owning GM products for the last 2 decades, I know.

Let's talk about a sports sedan that truly competes with the V8 LS.

The GTP competed in my thoughts when looking for a sedan for myself. It lost though. :)

If it was supercharged, it will hand you your ass. They are quick...but not necessarily fast. On top, you might get around him...but by then, it would take a very long run to catch back up to him. I've seen some test drive articles on these cars. The single biggest complaint is the torque steer. I guess it's just horrible. But performance? They run good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back