2004 V6 & V8 Transmission recall.. did the recall and still not happy call the NHTSA

mak_nyc

LVC Member
Reaction score
This is in regards to the recall that I posted earlier this week for the 2004 V6 & V8 transmission problem. If you are still not happy with the way the car is performing, You can call the NHTSA. They are the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They deal with National Recalls. Not just recalls that car companies issue thereselves. The recall that I was sent, came in the mail for this problem was issued by Ford. The NHTSA number is 1.888.327.4236
THere website is www.NHTSA.com
I was told by a friend to call NHTSA and document the problem... if they get many complaints about the same car issue, they will do there own investigation on it. Which then will finalize in a major recall on this problem. Recap, anyone having
1. Transmission shifts rough or jerky from park
2. Transmission shifts rough or jerky while driving
3. Gear changes take to long to complete
4. Shifts occur too early, too late, too often

Call that number and document it. Many people are having this problem and if we all document it maybe something will happen.
Thanks.

do you think it would do any good to call them even though my car is working now but I have had the problem happen twice under warranty?

eL eS said:
do you think it would do any good to call them even though my car is working now but I have had the problem happen twice under warranty?

I think you should document it b.c even if you are not having the problem now, it may reoccurr in the future.
Also, car companies are really happy to sell you there car but once you have a problem.. they look away and say there isn't any codes for it.
Nice... right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back